Total Pageviews

Thursday 15 March 2018

Rolfy,s rip off Thursday open

Back to huntstrete and withy pool again for this match, and after a mild spell I thought it may be a bit better than last time.
Judith didn't come with me today , but we did have breakfast together at the Toby inn in whitchurch, and it was nice today, so a 4.25 .
So after that it was off to the lake, only 18 fishing today , must have been a few missing in action.
I couldn't draw 54 again today as it had been left out, so after the people who need short walks had there pegs, I dived in and out comes disc 57, still around the Back of the island, but is a peg that has been very consistent for quality silvers, and as it was mild I thought a few carp may be mooching around the end of  the island from the channel, I set up 2 .4g as4 floats to fish at 7 mtrs in the deep water and the other at 8mtrs which was just up the island shelf, also a .6g as4 for 13 mtrs to my right for caster and maggot over groundbait.
And a .3g binny to fish banded pellet at 13 mtrs to the edge of the island.
To begin I fed all lines and began on maggot over the 13 mtr groundbait line, I had bites straight away from small roach and one 6oz skimmer, but the groundbait seemed to be attracting nuisance plippy roach. So I came into the 7mtr caster line, and started to catch quality roach, which was very nice, I also had a 3lb bream on this line, I had a reasonable 2hours on this line before it started to slow, so I went further into the 8mtr line , again with caster, and the nice roach kept coming along with some nice hybrids and some perch, although the sport slowed on this line, I could still get odd fish but I had to constantly move the bait around to induce a bite, I did get a carp of about 5lb off this line and lost one aswell,
I kept trying the pellet line at 13mtrs by the island , but it wasn't till about 30 minutes from the end when I've had a carp on banded 8mm pellet over hard 6,s, then 15minutes later I had another, so by the end I had a good day with over 20lb of silver,s and three carp for about 20lb, and as far as I could tell no one else had anything like that,
In the end my three carp went 20.13 and my silvers went a satisfying 27.1 for first on the day,
I must say it was a good peg to draw today, plenty of shelter from the wind and no tricky light making seeing the float a bit difficult, unlike a few of the others.
All the weigh sheet below.


No comments:

Post a Comment