Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 March 2018

Landsend league rnd 5

Due to the snow and general bad weather last weekend, we had a bit of a clash this weekend, unfortunately Steve at viaduct had no choice but to use this Sunday to re -schedule the last  round of there teams of 5 winter league, so there were several spaces needed filling for both matches, Ken managed to fill Landsend, and I think Steve nearly managed to fill viaduct, so I think it worked out ok in the end.
As I was doing well at Landsend, and really badly at viaduct it was a no brainer for me, luckily Andy gard stepped in for me at viaduct so Landsend it was then. Judith came along again today so at least I was going to get a good peg with her golden arm in attendance !!!!!.
After a really nice breakfast at the cafe at the fishery, which Judith scored 4.9, it would have been a 5, but no hash brown LOL.
So after our breakfast it was into the draw, as I was on the speci lake, any of the corners would do for me 25/32/33/40 or failing that  31or 34, I needn't have worried as Judith pulled me out 32, a good corner and the swim I had a few hours in on Thursday afternoon, so pre baited then ha ha. For company I had birthday boy Mike West on 31 who was standing in for Tom mangnal, and opposite was travelling partner Jason Radford on 33 and Alan oram on 34 who I had in the k/o. Rigs today were simple , a.3g as5 for caster at 6 mtrs,  a .2 binny  for maggot at half depth along the right hand end bank and a .25 pc slim for pellet on the deck along the bank and a .3 binny for hard pellet on the deck straight out at 16 mtrs.
On the whistle I fed some caster on the short line and fired some 4,s straight out at 16 mtrs, then I went down the right hand end bank with treble white maggot on an 18 hook, the first hour was ok as I put 3 carp in the net to 9lb, 2 were hooked in the wing and one in the mouth, still they all count, and the sun was out , lovely.
After that it went a bit pear shaped with foulers being a problem, I shallowed up to about 18 inches but had no indications at all, about 2 foot seemed to be optimum depth, which was about half depth, I had a few more but lost several foulers, Alan over on 34 was suffering the same, losing several aswell, it just seemed that the majority of the carp were just swimming about with no interest in food,
I tried the caster line and had a few nice roach up to 10 oz but it  wasn't good enough to stick with, especially as Bob gullick on 28  targeting the silvers and was catching small roach quite well.
So back out along the end bank, and I did pick off a few more, I was getting odd indications which stopped me from feeding anything along there, in fact I didn't feed anything there till about 2 1/2 hours to go, when I fed some hard 4,s . A look on the in front pellet line gave me few skimmers, mainly small but I did get a 2lb one, back down the edge on banded 6mm where I picked a few more carp off, and towards the end I had a couple off the 16 mtr line out in front, along with a few more small skimmers, I ended up with 11 carp and hopefully 10 lb of si!vers,
My 11 carp went 76 lb and my silvers just over 10, so a lake win and second in the silvers on the lake, as expected Bob was top silvers weight on the lake with 23lb exactly,
Well done matey, below is me with a few of my fish, I think I am still second in the league behind stu Barnet, but hopefully still winning the silvers dropping my worst result.
Weigh sheets below, it still fished quite hard, even though it was pleasantly warm today, the water is still cold so I think it will be a few weeks yet until this and most venues start to fish well.


After the match we were entertained by Mike West doing his seaman stains (that's for those amongst us that remember captain pugwash) impression to get his topkit back from where he had left it tethered to an island bush, I'm glad he never capsized as the water was to cold to mount any sort of rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment