Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 March 2018

Landsend league final round

Off to Landsend again today, I got to say the roads were ok despite the media doing it's best along with some keyboard warriors trying to put me off, it wasn't happening, !!!.
The worst snow was up by lulsgate airport, as you would expect, but even there I wouldn't say it was dangerous, but it was down to individual choice as to whether you wanted to drive in it or not, I do know for a couple of people who live at the bottom of a hill, so they would obviously struggle. Still the poo!s were paid for this one so no issues with the payout, less people to beat lol. As it turned out 11 never made it, that worked out as 4 missing on speci and lake three, and three missing from match lake, Stu Barnett already had the league sown up , so I was hoping he wouldn't be able to make it from Wales as I had him in the final of the k/o, but he managed to battle his way through the monstrous drifts and blizzard to get there.
Breakfast was di,s normal 4.95, and just the job for today, so into the draw tin for the match lake and out comes 22, not a peg of choice, I would have chosen 1 or 11 with 13 a next best choice, but it wasn't to be, I had  joe McMahon on 20 and Steve seagar over on my peg of choice no1.
Rigs today, a pellet rig for banded 6mm over to the point of the island at 16mtrs, and a couple of caster rigs, a .3g drennan as5 for the bottom of the island shelf at 14 mtrs, and a .4g as5 for 6mtrs. Quite  a heavy float for that line,  but with the wind blowing in and across from the right I wanted a bit of stability to the rig.
At the start I fed some caster on two short lines, one at 10 o,clock  angle and one straight out, some casters across to the island , and some 4mm hard pellets to the point and some off to the left at 14 mtrs, again at 10 o,clock angle.
I started short on maggot and missed a bite straight away, Joe had a roach. I put a caster on and was soon catching small roach, with not a lot being caught I stuck with them, Joe had an f1, but he was struggling for proper bites and was being troubled by proper plippy roach, I went across to the point swim on the island in banded 6mm, and lost a fouled carp, shortly after I had an 8oz skimmer, then an f1, so it was beginning to look up, the island point swim gave me two more f1,s , one on pellet and the other on maggot. I was doing ok for silvers on the lake until Gary o,Shea on peg 18 began catching some good silvers fishing long to his left and across into the gap between the island's, I needed to come at least third on my lake to hang onto second place in the league, but with Steve seager now catching odd carp in his right hand margin, and Gary was sneaking an odd one out aswell, I looked in trouble, also Jason Radford up on 13 also started to catch some in his right hand margin towards the end.
I was also leading the silvers league wise, so I concentrated mainly on the two 6mtr lines, and I had a good last 90 minutes, landing several good skimmers and a very unseasonal tench, considering the weather I didn't feel to cold to be honest, even though the temperature never got above zero all day, my landing net was freezing to my keepnet  between fish, and at the end of the match was frozen solid, and all the snow that had settled on my kit had turned to ice, but I would still much rather be outside,
Our lake was won by Gary on 18 with 57lb followed by Mr seager on 1 with 46lb the Jason Radford on 13 with 28lb , my silvers went a surprising 27lb to win the silvers lakewise  ensuring I won the league silvers,
Stu Barnett had a brilliant league and just to top it off, he was top weight today with 106lb off peg 51 on lake three, so well done to him, and obviously he crushed me in the k/o, in the end I dropped down to 5th in the overalls , one out of the money, but I won the silvers beating league organiser Ken rayner by one point I think, weigh sheets below, and I'm glad to report we all got home safely.
Well done Ken for running the league , a thankless job to be sure, as most organisers will agree with, also thanks to Andy  seery for sponsoring the league with a good selection of his Gonuts products which everyone appreciated.
And di and olive for doing the breakfasts , really good and piping hot everytime.



No comments:

Post a Comment