Total Pageviews

Thursday 15 February 2018

Silverfox rip orf

Back to plantation main lake again for this one, 20 fishing again with a waiting list, it's certainly popular, and after the clevedon  match on it on Sunday when there were two weights of carp over 100lb and plenty of silver,s being caught, with over 40lb needed to win that pool, so it looked promising.
Bridge inn for breakfast, only a 3.75 for that one.
Got to the fishery and went round and sorted the pegs to be used, a draw with the wind off my back would be nice again, into the hat of doom and I only go and draw the same peg as last time, permanent peg 31. For company I had Jeff Francis to my left and Mike nicholls to my right.
Three pole rigs today, a couple of .4g as4,s for 5mtrs on caster and another for 13mtrs for caster or maggot over groundbait, and a .3g as4 for caster down the edge where I had a couple of big perch last time , with 10 minutes to go I decided to set up a wag to fish pellet towards the island, as there were some bubbles about ,
On the all in I fed all lines , but started on the 5mtr line, but not a bite after 15 minutes so I decided to try the wag, well I had a bit of activity, I lost a decent skimmer first chuck, then missed a bite, then I had a small carp, and I was beginning to think I was going to have a good day, but that was it , apart from a lost fouler that was my lot on the wag. So the rest of the match was spent on the pole, I had some good skimmers on the 13 mtr line, but the short caster lines seem devoid of raoch, the down the edge rig never produced a bite all match. Single and double maggot seemed the best bait for the skimmers, especially as the roach for now were extremely noticeable by there absence, all match I could see John fuidge over on permanent peg 8 catching steadily, but about 90 from from the end I started catching roach on the 5 mtr line, and caught fairly steadily till the end on caster over caster, really nice fishing, and again the peg got stronger towards the end, but I always felt I was behind John in the silvers, I followed the scales round at the end, thanks Lee waller  for doing the weigh in. John fuidge had 33.4 of silvers and two carp for 11.7,
 I thought I had about 25lb of silver,s and one 3lb carp, but to was a bit out as my silvers went 33.8 and my carp was 2.12, so first in the silvers and second on the day, happy with that, pic below with some of my fish.
The carp definitely had a bit of an off day today, possibly something to do with the heavy rain during the night, who  knows. Weigh sheets below, off to viaduct this week for the winter league, and my turn on spring lake section, one of the corners will do please.

No comments:

Post a Comment