Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 October 2017

Viaduct silver's league rnd 3

Another reasonable breakfast at cannards, although the bacon was a tad overcooked,
Got to the fishery in plenty of time , even though the draw was thirty minutes earlier due to the clocks going back.
I fancied either lodge or Cary as I thought the carp in Campbell would still be a problem, I got early into the draw and pulled out 62 on lodge , right lake and possibly a good peg as long as the skimmers are at this end.
For company I had Nick ewers on 61 and Steve denmead on 64, who was the first angler in the next section, signs were good as there appeared to be skimmers rolling around at this end, but they quite often seem to do this on this lake but can be hard to tempt, I set up a couple of rigs for 11 and 14 mtrs and a short caster rig, the match began and I fed the two long lines with groundbait and began short on caster, and as expected some small roach were soon coming to hand, but it was fairly short lived, I went long a bit earlier than I wanted to , to be honest, I had a 6 oz skimmer straight away, but that was it, so onto the longer line to be met with more small roach, I want to say the skimmers arrived and I had a nice match, but it never happened like that, it was a case of swapping round all lines nicking a few roach and a very rare skimmer, all the while Gary o,Shea on 56 was putting fish of all sizes into his net, and to make matters worse Nick was putting a few skimmers in his net, and that was how it continued to the end, I did have a couple of better skimmers on the 14 mtr line, and a bonus 2lb tench, I also lost a good perch down the edge, they can be a pain as they have a nasty habit of dropping off, also carp were a pain, I landed a couple of doubles , one of which broke my net handle. I won't say who had only just given it back to me after repairing it .
Any way I've had a laugh with Nick next to me and in was never in contention for the section , Gary won it with 26lb and Nick was second with 24, Alvin was third with 21 and I was 4th with 15lb, so that will hopefully be my dropper, the match was won by Craig trigger Edmunds on 78 with 32lb , catching mainly on banded 6mm over 4,s , and Vince Brown was second on 77 with 31lb, I didn't get the sheets after the match but no doubt Mike Nicholls will have them on his blog, there were plenty of decent weight today with in think 20 weights over 20lb, all to be seen on the viaduct face book page, two matches again next weekend, Avalon silver's league on Saturday and the todber pairs on Sunday, can't wait, even though its going to be a bit cooler this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment