Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 October 2017

Landsend open and viaduct silver's league

Decided to go to Landsend on Saturday, it may have been a good idea to let Judith know I was going lol. Any way I picked Jason up and got to the fishery in plenty of time to indulge in one of di,s delicious breakfasts, 15 of us turned up today, so not to bad, into the draw and out comes peg 11, I made scorch marks up the Carpark, only to be called back as Mike had forgotten to put Pete nurse down, even though he paid, so RE DRAW, back into the tub and thus time peg 21 graced my Palm, its been a hard area of late with all the carp seeming to be happier at the other end of the lake. For company I had Roy worth on peg 22, who was going to fish for silver's, and on 19 was rich lovering , who is carefully feeling his way back into fishing as he is recovering from a shoulder problem, I set up three rigs today, a couple of pellet rigs, one for the left hand margin, which looked nice and was about 18 inches deep.

A pellet rig to fish across by the island in 12 inches off water , in two spots, one place was straight across by a couple of collapsed plants, and the other was off to the left where I now there is a nice wide shelf to fish on.

The final rig was for silver's , due to the fact I never expected the carp to be down this end in enough numbers.
I began on the silver lines , a couple of loose Fed caster swims and a couple of groundbait line further out, also I began feeding 6mm hard pellets in the two spots by the island, and hard fours into the margin, the silver's never happened, after 90 mins all I had to show for my efforts were a handful of roach , mini perch and an f1, so I binned that especially as I could see some activity against the island, so I went across with banded 8mm, and never looked back, catching fairly steadily right to the end, hardly foulhooking anything which is always a bonus , if not unusual when attacking the far side, I ended up with 129lb to win on the day, with rod Wooten on 5 coming second with 70+pounds, weigh sheet below.
Sunday and it was down to viaduct for the second round of the silver's league, I was first into the draw tin, which I haven't done for a while, trig told me all the bad pegs are in the aswell, including 53, I nearly got it but ended up on 55


, as far as sections go this is probably one of the fairest in the league, for company I had ziggy slowinski on 57, and Alvin on 53, but I couldn't see him due to the foliage, to do any good you need to catch skimmers, so I set up two .4g rigs , one with 16 hook and the other with an 18, also a .3g for roach at 5 mtrs on an angle to my left. At the start I cupped balls in at 11 mtrs , and 2 lines at 14 mtrs, starting on the short caster line I soon started to plop a few small roach into the net, and I probably gave it the better part of an hour, but as i said you really need skimmers to do any good, so I started rotating around the long pole lines over the groundbait, picking up I'd skimmers, along with losing a few carp, as the match progressed it became apparent that lodge lake was fishing hard, and I could see everyone apart from Alvin, and I was doing ok, ziggy had a few as did Glen Calvert, I could also hear Alvin splashing a few in, I looked to be winning the section with about 2 hours to go, then ziggy throws out the feeder and snares 5 good skimmer on it, so it wasn't clear cut now , especially as I couldn't get a bite towards the end of the match, it also doesn't help when I lost three good skimmers on the bounce , I did get one more towards the end but I new it was going to be close, and it was as I weighed 22.14 to win the section with ziggy coming second with a level 20lb, the lakes fished a bit harder than the day before in the silver's final, with Campbell being carp carnage today, with lots of lost carp, along with some elastic and rigs no doubt, weigh sheets below.


Next week its th a third round of the Avalon silver's league on Saturday, then it's todber pairs on Sunday, can't wait .

No comments:

Post a Comment