Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 September 2017

Avalon silver's league rnd 1

Looked forward to this one as its a nice fair venue as far as the silver's go, being its the same depth all over the skimmers and bream can turn up anywhere, this may be quite a short blog as I'm about to do 9 matches in 9 days.
So today just about got to the fishery as I had to go back for my casters which I left in the fridge , I was only just past the airport so not to bad really, even still had time to stop off at Landsend for one of di,s delicious breakfasts.
So into the draw bag hoping for an end peg but managed to pull out peg 13 which was right in the middle of the pegs being used on the left hand bank, a good carp peg but as in said these skimmers can show anywhere, but it looked good.
I tend to attack this venue with a mainly positive rig and feed pattern, so I set up a .6g rig to double bulk with worm or maggot, and a lighter rig .4g just in case I needed a bit of finesse, on the whistle I cupped in a ball of groundbait at a topset and one , two balls at 11 mtrs and 3 balls at 14 mtrs, all with some chopped worm and caster in, starting short with the lighter rig only produced a small roach, and to be honest the hook was struggling to get to the bottom , so down with that rig and out on the double bulk rig, with a large piece of worm on the hook, nothing short so out to 11 mtrs, and I had a couple of skimmers, but tilt went quiet so a top up and out to 14, had a skimmer there , but that was the only one I had out there, the 11 and short line was the best, with either a big piece of worm on the hook or 4 or 5 dead reds, it was a bit of a writhing game , but the fish were worth waiting for, the short line was fizzing well, but they were being hard to get on the hook, but i was connecting with enough to keep me in contention as far as I could see, lots of anglers were getting carp trouble , I had a few aswell, but not as many as those around me.
I ended up with 32.3 which was enough to win on the day with Mark leader coming second off 37 with 26lb
Off to Chilton trinity tomorrow for the last of the short pole series . Then five days on the trot at Landsend fishery, can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment