Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 September 2017

9 of 9

Well I've got to say that's been a really enjoyable 9days, hard work, but would I do it again, well yes, tomorrow if I could, I'm enjoying my fishing as much as ever, which is made even better as Judith comes along now as and when she can, but that's dependent on my daughter Lauren dog sitting, so many thanks to her, also Judith is doing a bit aswell, she doesn't mind the lake fishing , but I thing she enjoyable sea fishing a bit more, but she always did , before the kids we always had at least one boat trip a month, and she was always there  , often catching more than most of the men on the boats, I'm sure if a few more fishing widows had a go they may even find they enjoy it.
Back to today , and it was a match at ivy house lakes,  went up with Chris Fox and we arrived in plenty of time for one Karen's tasty breakfast (4.5). A bit disappointing as there were only 10 fishing, but someone still has to win, the weather forecast was for an increasing wind and rain, so into the draw tin and out comes wooden ball 10, wind and rain straight in the face, but a good peg so got to make the most of it, I drew it a couple of years ago and had over 80lb of bream from it, but I never had any slimy,s bait today, only hard pellet and some dead maggots from yesterday.
So with carp in mind I set a rig for 13 mtrs , one for against the causeway bank at 14/16 mtrs, both of those with pellet, and a maggot rig to the left margin at 13 mtrs, just as it started to shallow towards the next peg.
I started on the 13 mtr line out in front, but to say it was slow would be an understatement, after 2 hours I only had 4 skimmers in the net, but I couldn't see anyone really catching, Clint wojtyla on 12 got off to a flyer on the skimmers but after a couple of hours they stopped for him, so I went to the right , but with a really strong wind coming in at me , it was really difficult to get presentation. Let alone be able to hold the pole, I got blown out of the water on several occasions, I had a sensible couple of hours catching several carp up to 11lb, the only other angler I could see catching was Liam (sorry don't know his surname) on peg 6, also I saw Vince shipp on peg 18 sneaking an odd one out. I had two fish from the left hand side on maggot, it was a hard day made so by the horrible weather, by the end I new I had done 9 days, my back and neck were hurting a bit, only due to fishing long across the wind, but the pain will be gone by the morning, when Andy got to me with the scales Clint wojtyla was winning with just over 60lb, but my net's want 84.14 which was enough to win on the day, so I won on day 1 and on day 9, and a bit of money was won in between aswell, so a good little run.
Liam on peg 6 was second with 64lb so well done to him as its the first match he has fished in 7 years as he has been travelling the world , so fair play to him, weigh sheet below.
Must mention the mosella 70cm duo rollers, I've been using them for over 12 months no, with no issues, they go to over 5 feet high so otter fences and hedges and bushes are no problem, also you can get some spiky attachments which enable them to be fished flat on the floor, ideal when found are down below the bank, the small spiky legs make sure it do eat move behind you, proper piece of kit, and cheaper the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment