Total Pageviews

Friday 8 September 2017

7 of 9

                   The real 7 of 9, that's one for the trekkies .
Well today was the last day of the Landsend mini tourney, and its been an enjoyable week, Judith and me stayed in a log cabin in cheddar, and we have had a nice time and the cabin was excellent, there was only seven of fishing in the end which is disappointing , Mike was gutted, so next year he is just doing a three dayer in September , and he will be taking a non returnable deposit, which is the only way really.
But the company was good with Dale housen, Mike and Nick duckett, Russ peck, Lewis Jones and Steve seager, a good set of blokes and there were no issues all week, and di,s breakfast,s were tops again.
Going into this match and it was between me and Lewis , whichever one beat the other was going to be tops on the week, Judith drew for  and handed me 24, its been a good peg in recent weeks, and Lewis had peg 5, its a peg with a good long right hand margin, with nice shallow water against it, just right for this time of year.
So with an all out pellet attack today I set a couple of rigs for along the end bank, one for down my.left hand margin, and another for 5 mtrs, and the same rig would do for the empty pallet to my left. I would like to say I have had a hectic day catching well from start to finish , but it was a slow start and a steady day, catching mainly along the end bank till the last hour, when some better fish began feeding down the edge , I ended with 128lb on my clicker and weighed 123 lb, but that was only good enough 3rd on the day with Russ peck on 13 having 129lb and Lewis on 5 who was admitting to only having 100lb (again) but had 141, his bed must be a funny shape as he could never possibly lie straight in it, so he won on the day and the week so well done matey, and you took the stick really well, I came second and Russ came third beating Nick on weight.
Off to tunnel barn tomorrow and ivy house on Sunday , so that will be 9days on the trot,

No comments:

Post a Comment