Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 September 2017

4 of 9

Lake three (John Walter) was our home for this round of the mini tourney, I let Judith draw for me today and I wasn't to disappointed to see 41 looking back at me, a nice peg with good margins, the right hand side tends to full of small carp which fight like little tigers as you are catching them close to snags, the bigger.margin fish come from the left, so rigs set up for either side to fish pellet, a rig to fish out by the aerater and point of the end bank and a slapper rig,
I began out by the aerater at the start, and I had a few small carp and skimmers, but no quality.
And that was how my match began to pan out, plenty of carp but not many over 3lb, that was until some showed up in the left hand margin, but they were hard to catch as its so shallow , but I persevered and had a few up to about 9lb, by the end it was hard to see how anyone else had done as its hard to see around the trees and bushes, although Mike has done a fair but of gardening, so it looks good, I was first to weigh and put 110lb on the scales, and luckily that was enough to win on the day , so it keeps me in the mix, Lewis Jones came second with 103lb, so he is on two seconds, so is winning after two days, we are on the speci lake tomorrow, which can be hard and a bit Peggy, with corners often doing the business, we,ll see.
After the match we.fished on and Judith had a go, and she did well, having about 70lb in 90minutes from each side margin, with fish to 13lb, landing and unhooking them all herself, it was good to see, and she enjoyed it, I had to take the bait away to make her pack up LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment