Total Pageviews

Monday 14 August 2017

Two match weekend again

I must say I am rather enjoying having Saturday's and Sunday's off work, so this week it was off to Todber manor with Chris fox again, after a nice breakfast at cannards(4) it was off to the fishery. High twenties fishing , and to be honest I don't mind where I draw as plenty of bites are virtually guaranteed, well into the draw and out comes 47 on hillview, one away from flyer 48 which was occupied by me OLDER mate , one David roper,


I set up a rig to fish pellet on the deck at 5 and 11 mtrs, as it was a bit breezy, a meat rig for up the slope to one side at about 4 mtrs, and a margin rig, but I never expected that to work, as it seems you need a bit of space to let the margin happen, so no more of that then, also the meat line was a waste, I did have a few fish at the start on the 5 mtr line, but the barley straw from the marginal bales seem to have built up at the bottom of the nearside slope making it impossible to keep the hook clean, so most of my match was spent fishing at 11/13 mtrs, mainly on the deck, although I did stop and set up a shallow rig just over halfway through as Mark Illingworth on peg 45 was catching f1,s shallow with regular monotony, again that never happened either for me , I did get a few , but roach and small skimmers were proving a pain, so I stuck in the main with banded pellet on the deck, I did end up with 54lb , so it was a day of plenty of bites, weigh sheets below, with Jack stamp coming out on top with 158lb off peg 41, looking at the results as a whole it seemed a bit of room today was a definite advantage.
Onto Sunday and after another nice breakfast at the copper kettle cafe, (4.5) it was off to the fishery with Jason Radford, it is without a doubt one of the best kept fisheries in the area, and if Tom mangnal had his way it would have even less foliage around it,
19 fishing today so I left all the balls in the bucket and what was left was it then, I got the draw underway and let Clint wojtyla draw for me , hmmmm peg 13 was my peg for the day, not one of the desired corners, no

 , Clint saved one of those for himself in the shape of peg 10, for company I had Dave Evans on peg 14 and long time friend and coffin dodger Martin Alexander on 12, it was good to see him out with us today, even if he can't hear a thing and just told me to nod or shake my head to any questions he might ask.
Set up pretty much the same as last week, a pellet wag, a deep and shallow pellet rig for 14 mtrs, a meat fig for 5 mtrs and a margin rig. At the start I began on the wag and it panned out pretty much the same as last week, I hook 4 and landed three, losing one in a snag about halfway back, Martin rayet on peg 11 had much the same, the only person with more was Joe McMahon on peg 7 again who was getting a few shallow, as the match went on Martin on 11 kept sneaking a few in, so it looked as though he was looking good to win, but I kept feeding the long pole line with 6mm pellets and with about two hours to go the peg g came to life a bit, I had a few quick one shallow before the disappeared but the deep rig began to produce, foulers were a bit of a problem but I had several in the mouth, the short meat line gave me one carp and a skimmer, I was always a bit behind Martin, also Leon Hubbard on peg 1 was catching towards the end, with peg 20 not drawn , Clint on the other corner (10) was also enjoying a late burst, in between trying for squirrels, I thought I may just scrape 120lb at the end but I over estimated slightly as I only had 112.1. Martin rayet won with 135.1, catching mainly slapping along the end bank, so well done matey.
2nd was Leon Hubbard on peg 1 with 116.15
3rd me with 112.1
4th Clint wojtyla on peg 10 with 83.9
5th Joe McMahon on peg 7with 73.15, and another quid from his piggy bank for me.
6th Tom mangnal on peg 2 with 63.4
Silver was won by mat tomes on peg 15 with 28.7, mainly on soft pellet over groundbait.
Next week its round 3 of the short pole series at Chilton trinity woodlands lake, if you can't make it please let me know asap so I can try and get a reserve, many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment