Total Pageviews

Monday 28 August 2017

Gary wall memorial match Landsend fishery

This is the annual match to remember Gary , who was another good bloke taken to early by that dreadful big C, how come it never seems to take the horrible people out there,
Well it was a bit of a disappointing turnout with only 13 fishing, due mainly.to all the matches on this bank holiday, but with some good anglers in attendance including man of the moment Craig Edmunds it was never going to be an easy win, after the normal 4.9 breakfast cooked by di, and delivered to the table by olive .
Time for the draw and I let Paul elmes draw for me and I ended up on peg 19, a good peg and very often a winning peg, for company I had Paul elmes on 18 and an old friend in the shape of Martin Alexander on peg 21. I wheeled my kit to the peg and surveyed the scene, water is still badly needed , and a bit of a trim is also required , but Mike has been busy with his plant sales, so hopefully the selling and show season is coming to an end so all should be good soon.
With the levels right down the island shelf was only 6 inches deep, now normally I enjoy this type of fishing and I can normally sort it out to catch in this depth of water, so I was confident, doh.
Also I had a good right hand margin with about 12 inches of water which is more than deep enough.
I also set up a rig for corn at 5 mtrs , just for a change from meat really, at the start I fed the island and margin with 6 mm pellet and started on the corn line, carp turned up in the margin and on the island, but I stuck with the corn for over 30 mins, losing one carp and landing one aswell, and that was the end of my short corn line, the rest of the match was spent over on the island and down the edge trying to sort out how to get these highly visible carp to take my hookbait correctly, there were plenty of fish feeding in the 6inch deep water, but getting one in the mouth was all but impossible, talk about hard, plus it doesn't help when Paul on 18 was catching a few on the other side of the gap, it may of helped him not having a massively undercut island to fish to, laying the rig up the flat bank was probably a help, then to make matters worse he began fishing down his right hand margin towards me , and was emptying it, I couldn't fish that way as the tree/Bush he was fishing up to was right next to my platform, I couldn't even see Paul let alone fish that way, but I could certainly smell him as he is an avid vaper, and it stinks, probably.just as obnoxious as the real thing. Also trig down on generally redundancies peg 24 was sacking so that was the top two taken care of, by the end I had begun to get e few but it was to little to late, I started to get some on the far side, but it was difficult, the best way seemed to be to fish three times the depth and lay the rig in with the wind to keep it all tight and straight, that seemed to work to a degree, so by the end with some of the island and a hand full down the edge so I ended up with 83lb, I did enjoy it as it was a day to work out how to catch these visible wary fish, as expected Paul won it with 205, trig was second with over 180 and Martin rayet on 16 was third with 109, top silver's went to Dave blakemore on peg 11 with a hard won 13lb, full sheet below,
Next Sunday is the last of my short Poe series matches at Chilton trinity woodlands lake, so if anyone reading this can't make, please let me know asap so as I can get a reserve, no shows do make a difference to the payouts on the day and overall, so a txt or call would be appreciated,

No comments:

Post a Comment