Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Portland the re- rematch


So it was time for a re-match after I had beaten  the husband the other day. The weather today was looking very good with the wind down to a minimum. So off to Portland it was, had to have a selfie with the light house, not quite Cape Agulhas but we will return there.
We decided on a 4 hourish match today and the area we fancied was free

I started off straight down the side but it took a few minutes for the first fish to turn up, a beautiful Ballan Wrasse, then a cork wing and another Ballan, Tony then did get a Wrasse of his own. It went a little quite so I decided to try out a little over a sand bed and on the drop I managed to catch a Bass, Tony was now starting to sulk again but he manage to have the biggest fish 
Please note that Tony is holding my Bass.


We both began to catch a few but no one told me that the bait bit back!!!  Dam ragworm.
After the Bass it went quite again so off to the end I went but it was a bit weedy and snaggy
So back to the side and up popped a Pollack a few more wrasse. I was now well ahead on numbers and on species. We decided to stop for some nibbles that we picked up on route. Tony was now losing the will to live!!  Anyway after some food Tony started to catch a few , I was having a problem with something that kept stealing my bait, after about the 5th drop I manage to catch the thief, a sweet little topknot blenny the colour variations in all those fish is amazing.

Tony bless him was still trying but was never going to catch up today and at the end of the  4 hours it ended up 25 to me during our match and 16 to him. He did try a bit of spinning after the whistle but didn't catch anything, did I mention I had 3 more 😂
I must say that I love my little LRF rod, HTO rock fish 1 to 8grm, coupled with a shimano catana 1000. I like to use bright yellow line because I can see it easier.
Next Round West Bexington on Chesil beach
After he had finally stopped sulking with the help of a 99 ice cream it was to Chesil for a bit of beach casting, this one was up to Tony to bring home the fish because I am exempt on medical grounds, well that's what they always say on I'm a celebrity!! So I sat on the chair and watched and waited and watched and waited

Tony did have a really good bite but missed it but who cares it was a lovely evening and so warm, we then noticed that the guy to our left had caught a couple of Mackrell, so after Tony got carried away and totally over cast so he lost his weight and hook etc, no pocket money for him this week. He decided to try with a few feathers after about 4 cast it was starting to hurt his elbow so I asked if I could have a go because the set up was lighter, I can't cast out so Tony done that bit I could wind in.Well on my second wind in guess what happened.?
Off to Beer boat fishing tomorrow, if I am not home on Friday evening please get in touch with the coast guard who were out today and do a fantastic job......to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment