Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 July 2017

England ladies fundraiser, Barston lakes.

Early start for this one , left at 6am with Chris Fox and got to the premier inn just down from the fishery by about 7.45, and a nice breakfast it was aswell, we were joined by Mark poppleton, Nick merry and Mark wynne for breakfast, so the normal p taking ensued, its a good job mark got thick skin.
Got to the fishery and into the draw queue, into the draw cup and out comes peg 60, means nothing to me but I was reliably informed it was a flyer, carp up and down on the pole aswell as on the wag, and the margin can throw up some lumps towards the end, nice easy walk after I had dropped Chris off at peg 95, not a good area as the weights at the end showed, for company I had up and coming young lady angler Sarah Taylor on 58 and junior coach John Gray on 61 who reckoned he was only here to support his wife who was on 109. Anyway my peg looked ok, not to many fish showing and the lake was a bit flat.
So rigs today were a margin rig to fish meat, two pole rigs for the long pole , one for the deck and a shallow one, and two wagglers, one a shallow pellet wag and a deep one to fish on the deck, just a quick word about the reels I have been using for a while now, shimano sustains in the 4000 size to say I am impressed is an understatement, smooth with a lovely clutch.
At the start I began by cupping some 6mm pellets at 14 mtrs began firing some more out to 30 mtrs for the wag and threw a bit of meat down the edge .
I went straight out on a banded 8mm pellet, it was slow, I had three skimmers in the first hour, with no liners it was fairly apparent that there were no carp about, I tried the pellet wag and shallow on the pole just in case , but no bites were the result, so back on the pole and the skimmers seemed to have turned up, and I had a very enjoyable 3 hours catching skimmers and bream up to 3lb , all on banded 8mm pellet, carp gear really, I was tempted to change things to a lighter rig with lighter elastic and a different hook, but I stuck with it, as they say if it ain't broke don't change it, about 90 mins from the end it went a bit iffy, so I tried the margin, nothing doing there so out on the deep wag, where I had a few more bream and in the last 30 minutes I had two f1,s aswell, but that was close to carp as I got during the match, the scales started at 55 and that was the section winner sorted with 73lb, then there was a 67 , Sarah did well with 28 then I had 65 which was 59lb of bream and skimmers and the two f1,s for 6lb, a really enjoyable match and there was a decent amount of money raised for the ladies cause,

weigh sheet below.





No comments:

Post a Comment