Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 June 2017

Float only league rnd 2 Landsend fishery

No Judith today as she had to much to do at home , so it was just Jason and me in the van today, got to the fishery in plenty of time and enjoyed one of di,s delicious breakfasts , definitely a 4.85, always tasty, hot and spotless , and olive.serving it up always good.
Before the draw the k/o was sorted out I drew Paul elmes which was handy as he was away on holiday, so a bye for me then as reserves don't count in the k/o.
Got the draw underway and I got Mike west to draw for me as it was his birthday today, and I can't complain as he drew peg 15 for me , certainly no complaints from me as its deffo a peg of choice any time of the year. Section wise it could be tough as Nick chedzoy was on 16, cosmic Ken rayner on 13, Chris Fox on 11, and the man to beat , Craig Edmunds on 9., so a good section to win.
Before I could start getting my kit sorted there appeared to be a large branch in the middle of my peg, so first job was to get my cupping kit on the pole with the frangler hook on the end and drag it out, and it took some dragging as it weights about 40lb and was stuck in the bottom, but after a bit of tugging managed to get it out, and it was just as well cos it was massive, it probably weighed 40 to 50lb,
Not to.many rigs today, a meat rig for 6 mtrs to my left, a pellet rig for 16 mtrs to my left down the shelf a bit, and my favourite little float for pellet against the island, a .1g drennan as 4, the far bank was only 6 to 8 inches.deep, but I now the fish are happy to feed in this depth at this fishery so i wasnt to worried.
We started at 11, and whilst feeding the pellet lines I began on the meat at 6 mtrs, it didn't take to long for fish to turn up on the far side, but I decided to leave them alone for a while, in fact I left them for 90 mins, while I fished the meat, I did have 4 carp, an ide, a big skimmer.and an f1 in that time, but I couldn't ignore the tails on the island any longer, and was soon shipping out a banded 8mm hard 6,s, and I never looked back, catching steadily.right to the end of the match a, I fed.quite heavily, which I'm sure helped me Nick some fish from Ken rayner who had really decided no to fish the island, cheers matey. Also I had a family of ducks in my peg for the most of the day, which I'm convinced helps, as they colour up the water which gives the carp some confidence to feed properly in such shallow water.
I even caught this golden koi which I have had at least ten times.on the last 12 years. Most in our section was catching a few , but nowhere near what I was having , although both Nick and trig were having some, there's not a lot more to right about really as the rest of the match was spent in a couple of spots on the far side, by the end I thought I had just about 200lb, and when the scales reached me trig was winning with 138.3 off peg 9, which is excellent off that peg as its normally really bad. When I finished weighing my fish my final total was 209.13 , which was first on the day, so two matches in the league and two wins, so more than a good start.

Trig was next with 138.3
3rd Nick chedzoy on 16 with 125lb
4th Mike Nicholls on 19 with 114.13
5th Bob gullick on 33.with 113.11
6th Glen Calvert on peg 65 with 110.5
Silver's went to Steve seager with the help of a dubious f1 to give him 21.9
2nd in silver's with 19.17 of real silver's for 19.12.
Off to acorn on Tuesday for the costcutter then down to viaduct next Sunday for the last round of the spring series, I may even get on Campbell, fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment