Total Pageviews

Sunday 21 May 2017

Viaduct spring league rnd 3

Travelled down with Judith and Chris Fox again today, and after a nice breakfast in the Toby inn in whitchurch village, (4.25) it was off to the fishery, Judith was delegated to draw for me, we got in towards the back of the queue and she drew  87 on Cary, not a lake of choice or peg to be honest, as the carp in the lake a struggling a bit at present, desperate to spawn but conditions won't allow, for company I had Dan squire on 88, Emma Drysdale on 90, Bob gullick on 94 , Martin Preston on 96 and up and coming leg end trig Edmunds on 96, so some good anglers to beat, I was going to keep it simple today so only set up a meat rig for 6 and 16 mtrs and a waggler to fish pellet at full depth at 25/30 mtrs . While in was doing this Judith got her base camp sorted out complete with cross stitch and hat on the side to keep the sun out.

The match got underway at 11 and I started on the short meat line, I lost a fouler early on but had no bites there again, I went out on the long line with meat and again lost a fouler, then no bites again, so out on the wag, as both Martin Preston and trig were both on a couple of fish early on, and I soon had one , so off the mark and it was over ten pounds as a lot of the fish on this lake are,
 I had a few more on the wag in the next hour or so, and lost a few foulers aswell, it was about now a few fish began mooching around on the surface , so it was off the box and a shallow rig was assembled, virtually straight away I mugged a nice fish , then got one over the 16 mtr line on banded 8mm, but it was just passing fish, they weren't stopping to feed properly, so I spent the rest of the match switching between the pole and waggler, catching odd fish on both, I must say the more I use the drennan acolyte carp waggler rod , the more I like it, it really is a superb rod, crisp, light but forgiving enough not to pull hooks when the fish is close.



Up until the last hour there were 4 of us on 10 fish a piece, but in the last hour I managed 4 carp on meat at 16 mtrs while the others only had one more, 14 fish looked good for the section but 11 fish could weigh more, and they very nearly did as trig had 121lb and my 14 went 130, enough for the section so it just about keeps my hopes alive.
As expected , Campbell was the place to be with Andy power on peg 123 having a massive 369.12 on pellet fished up his edge at 13 mtrs
2nd on 118 Jon Martin had 216.4
3rd Paul elmes on 119 had 208.6
4th Lee on 132 with 149.10
5th Jed on 105 with 148.9
6th Mark wynne on 69 with 144.6
Float only league starts next week so I will texting all competitors next day or so to remind them, it is sold out so no late drop outs please !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment