Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 May 2017

Viaduct spring league rnd 2

Went to the Toby inn in whitchurch village today before driving down to somerton, and it was very nice, could have been a tad warmer but it was a help yourself breakfast, Chris Fox definitely had eyes bigger than his belly and Judith wasn't far behind, lol.
Still got to the draw in plenty of time, I held back towards the end of the draw and there were still several good pegs on Campbell left, but I go and pull 73, on lodge again, one peg away from the last round, I can't remember the last time I was on Campbell, I think it was in the winter league, if and when I do get on it I will probably need a Sat nav to find it.
At least its a nice corner peg with at least resident fish to catch, it looks nice with a big overhanging willow 17 mtrs away.
So rigs today were the obligatory meat rig for 6 mtrs , a pellet rig for down the edge which would just about double as a stalker rig, and another out towards the end of the tree.
I started on the meat line and hooked a carp after a couple of minutes , only for it to drop off , I hooked another a bit later only for that one to drop off aswell, it was on a new hook pattern I was trying as I'm trying to find a replacement for the middy 8313 which for some reason middy are discontinuing, fools.
Most of the match was spent down by the tree and under it, hooking odd fish and trying to get the pole back before they take you under the tree, I did manage to mug two that cruised past and I even had an eel from the margin under the tree, foulhooked in the side and dyeing over a pound it was an entertaining scuffle.

By the end of the match I had 11 carp and a few silver's but new I had been beaten further up in my section by James guy (sooner he gets to swimming the better LOL) and Chris Davis on 69, and they did with James ending up with 123lb and Chris had 102 lb , I estimated I had 70 lb and was very close with 70.2, so third in section, bad but not a total disaster, as expected Campbell was the place to be with with Dan squire co mind first with 217.12 off peg 119
2nd Mark wynne on 110 with 200.15
3rd Bob Giles on 128 with 183.5
4th trig Edmunds on 113 with 181.10
5th Jack billet on 115 with 174.11
6th Nick ewers on 112 with 136.2
Working all week this week but got next Saturday off instead so I'm going to Landsend for the Saturday open, then it's the first round of the short pole series at Chilton trinity on woodlands lake , after that I'm off for a week down at west bay with Judith, looking forward to that, a bit of lead slinging off chesil, some lrf off the rocks and piers, and if the weather allows maybe even a bit of boat fishing, and if all that fails its just a nice bit of time away with Judith, I am enjoying some proper holiday time off with her. And its good she is enjoying a bit of fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment