Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 May 2017

Float only league rnd 1

As is normal the first round of this 40 angler sell league is held at viaduct fishery  on Campbell and Cary, there are rounds at Landsend fishery , shiplate, the sedges aswell before we end up back at viaduct ,
Took a slight detour to Landsend for breakfast and Judith scored it a 4.9 on me old mate Nigel ainscough,s scale, and she wasn't wrong , it was very good.
Got to the fishery in plenty of time to collect money from various people and got the draw underway, I let Judith draw for me hoping for a nice draw on Campbell, but instead she pulled out 88, the pretty Bush peg on the Cary bank on Cary, one peg away from where I was last Sunday, Dan squire had this peg on that day and had a few, and I won the section off 87 last week, hopefully there were some fish in the vicinity again, in my section I had Chris Fox on 90, Gordon canning on 94 , Mike "Silverado" Nicholls on 95 and Gary o,Shea on 96, so again good anglers.to beat again.
I set up two wag rods, a shallow one and the other to fish on the deck, and two pole rigs, a .3 g drennan Crystal margin float for shallow mugging and a .25 pc slim for meat on the deck at 6 and 16 mtrs, at the start I went straight out on the mugging rig and missed two bites off stalked fish , gutted, but I soon managed.one and by the end of the first hour I was on 5 fish up into double.figures, nice fish indeed.
After that I have had a steady day catching odd fish on the pallet fished shallow , a few on the deep wag, I never had a bite on the shallow wag  . And towards the end a few fish turned up on the short meat line, I didn't catch loads I ended up with 19 carp a skimmer and a hybrid for what I hoped would be about 180lb, I did lose a good common just before the end and I thought it may cost me getting in the overalls today , but after Steve had finished weighing me in my 19 carp and two silver's went 197.13.
Which was a surprise to me, especially as I was top weight on the day, so I may let Judith draw for me again.
2nd went to Shaun Townsend on peg 115 with 187.6
3rd Dave Evans on 81 with 160.15
4th Neil Mercer on 123 with 154.5
5th Joe McMahon on peg 124 with 151.5
6th Shaun kitteridge on 121 with 140.8
Silver's
Shaun Townsend 29.13
Paul faiers on 132 with 21.11
Glen Calvert on 129 with 16.12
So a good start to the series, and it was good to see Cary beginning to pick up a bit, but the fish still havnt spawned , hopefully it will get even better when they have.
I was trying to get a costcutter going at Landsend fishery on Tuesday, but it doesn't look as though I will be getting enough to make it worthwhile, so it looks like a trip down to acorn again, but it is fishing well so that will do then.

No comments:

Post a Comment