Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 April 2017

Viaduct spring league rnd 1

This is a bit of a must fish series as the standard of angler is high, and its quite well attended with 54 fishing over Campbell, Cary and lodge, so after a 3.75 breakfast in cannards it was off to the fishery, got into the draw queue about halfway and hoped for a draw on Campbell, but no I go and pull out peg 71 on lodge, definitely not a dream draw, Chris Fox was on it yesterday and really struggled.for two carp, and as there is no silver's pay out in this league it was really a bit of a balls out carp or bust match, for company I had callum Craig on 73 and Nick ewers on 70, the rest of my section was Terry leney on 69, dick bull on 68 , Fred Roberts on 66 and Steve Tucker on 64, so three corners to try and beat,
Three pole rigs, a meat rig for 5 mtrs, a pellet rig for on the deck at 14/16 mtrs and a stalker as there were a few cruisers showing.
And a waggler to fish pellet on the deck at 30 mtrs.
At the start I cupped some 6 mm pellets on the long pole line and fired some more o it to 30 mtrs, then began on the short meat line, fully expecting an early mug fish or two, but 30 mins and no bites I was a bit perturbed especially as callum already had a couple of carp, only had a skimmer and a hybrid after 90 minutes, so things really were looking bad, Nick to my left was in the same boat but he did have one carp, so it was out on the deep wag rig, not really expecting to much, but I had two bites very quickly , landing a couple of near double figure carp.

To say it was hard was an understatement, bites were few and far between, the whole lake was fishing hard, Bob Giles over on 59 caught well early on, but he wasn't in my section, callum seemed to be getting some but apart from Nick to my left I couldn't see the rest of my section, I could hear an occasional splash from Steve Tucker over on 64, it was a match of trying to steal a fish wherever I could, and by the end I had managed 8 carp and two decent skimmers and a small hybrid, I had 8 on the wag, three on the stalker rig and one on the short meat line towards the end, thought I had 70lb ish but fully expected to be beaten by at least Steve on 64 and callum on 73, the section actually went to Steve Tucker on 64 and then I tied for second in the section with callum as we both had 77.15, the other section on lodge was won by Bob Giles on 59 with 105lb and Chris Fox was second with 73lb, as expected Campbell was the place to be with Charlie Dalton coming out on top with 235.10 on peg 115.
2nd Chris Davis on 127 with 225.13 and in 3rd place was Mark wynne on 119 with 218.3
Weigh sheets below


Had a nice day sat in the sunshine with Judith, she is one in a million, I can't think of many women who would spend there 34 th wedding anniversary sat by a lake watching here worse half fishing, here's to the next 34 🍻

No comments:

Post a Comment