Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 March 2017

Viaduct winter league final match

Decent breakfast at cannards to start the day ,(3.5). Then off to the fishery,
Tim Clark was drawing today and I requested a peg on Cary with the wind off my back, and he didn't disappoint as he pulled out the draw we had in the first round, 113 on Campbell for Clayton ,(flyer) , 79 for me , an ok peg, 73 for Clint, was ok for me in the first match but has been carp ever since, so not expecting our leader to do to well, Ron on 43, good peg and Tim on 5 flyer.
I got to my peg and found I had Steve Skelton on 78 and Steve Jackson on 80, so I was in a Steve sandwich, I fancied a go on the wag today so I set up a 4ssg drake bodied wag to fish meat about 30 mtrs out, a lead rod and a pole rig for meat at 14 mtrs.
Not to much to say about the match really as I went all out to catch carp on meat on either the lead wag or pole , well I only.managed one carp and I had that on the wag, I also had a 3lb tench, a one pound perch and six decent skimmers , the carp went 13lb and the silver's just over 12, for 25lb and 8 points out of 19, so a bit disappointing really, but at least I had the wind and rain coming from behind, the people opposite had a real torrid time as the wind gusted to 40mph and it was pushing rain and hail along at the same pace, Steve Skelton had a couple of late carp to beat me but at least I beat Jacko to my left,
Well done to Craig Edmunds on winning the individual for the league and Ben hagg for second and Shawn Townsend third ,all three showing great consistency throughout. Weigh sheets and final team places below.






I'm running a costcutter at Landsend on Tuesday so if anyone fancies it let me know by txt on 07974807941, 9.30 draw £12 entry, no breakfast at the fishery so lillypool at shipham it is for me then .
Also this Saturday the fishery is hosting the Don Sutherland memorial match, its a silver match and with 40 booked in already its shaping up to be a good match for who was a top bloke , ring the fishery to book in tel 01458 274022

No comments:

Post a Comment