Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 March 2017

Tuesday costcutter, Landsend fishery

Bit of a change today and decided to try and organise a cheaply match at Landsend fishery, not a roving success as I only managed to get 9 fishing, but then again there have been less than that at acorn the last couple of times I have fished the Tuesday costcutter.
Into lillypool cafe for the first time for a while, and I must say it was very nice with cheerful staff , so it rates a 4.25 in the ratings, I travelled down with Chris Fox today and just hoped he had a better day than Sunday or I could be in line for a load of cheap fishing kit.
Steve Sewell was fishing so the insults and banter was soon flowing, all good natured with ade crawley and Adriano Mercato coming in for a fare share.
Nearly last to draw hoping for the form pegs at the top end , but no I end up on 20, for company up had Mike duckett on 22 and Ray white on 18.
It was nice to sit on a venue that was nice and quiet, only the birds and Steve Sewell making noises.
Rigs today were a pellet rig 4x12 for hard 6mm pellet over 4,s at 14 mtrs left and right at the bottom of the island shelf, a pellet rig for on top of the shelf, a meat rig for 6 mtrs each side and a meat rig for down to empty pallet 19, well the 6 mtr meat line didn't produce a bite so nothing to mention about that again, most of the action came from the pellet rigs down the shelf and and a couple on top of the shelf , I also had a carp from down by peg 19 but that was my only bite there, Mike duckett started catching late on down by peg 21 , I resisted it for as long as possible as I don't like encroaching on someone's else's feed, but in the end the little devil sat on my shoulder talked me into it, I went down just short of the pallet but never fed anything hoping to get a stragglers, and I did in the shape of an 8lb common, Mike didn't give me to much stick, oh how we laughed, by the end as far as I could see , the only person who had seemed to have caught much was Bristol very own Peter pan on form peg 15 (Leon Hubbard )
And he just pipped me by one carp as he had 54lb to my scraper 50lb, it never fished as well as in expected, but at least we all had a few and Chris won the silver's off peg 11 with 13lb of accidentals, weigh sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment