Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Tuesday costcutter at Landsend fishery

Travelled alone today as my official photographer, Judith rixon had to go to work. Stopped off at shipham for breakfast, it was ok.
Got to the fishery to find only 9 fishing, a bit disappointing, but in will persevere trying to do it every other week in the hope the numbers will increase, there aren't many better places to sit with the peace and quiet and wildlife.
Waited till nearly last to draw, there was only me and Lee Waller to go, so I picked up a ticket and opened it to see 15 on it, Lee had 13, stu Barnett was on 15 on Sunday and struggled, but it has been a good peg for a while yet, but saying that with only 9 fishing there wasn't a peg I didn't mind drawing.
Got to my peg and soon had the relevant rigs assembled, a margin meat rig to fish either side , a meat rig for 6 mtrs, and a pellet rig for across on the island, which I left with quite a long line on so it would double for a mugging rig.
I started on the short meat line , and to say it was slow would be an understatement, I did lose 3 foulers but it took me 2 hours to land my first carp, so I was a few fish behind the anglers on my bank and several fish behind Martin lenaghan who was using the empty pegs around him to good effect, putting regular fish in his net. But I have learnt that on some of these smaller lakes it pays to be patient, and today was no different, as it went on the peg began to come to life, with fish over on the island, although it was only 12 inches deep, it was hard to see them, but an odd tail tip or a tiny movement on the water was the only thing that gave them away, and the margins also started to pay up, the left hand side is normally the best side as there is lots of cover.
But not today , I only hooked one down on that side, but the right hand side really kicked into life towards the end, I was torn between the island and the right hand margin, both areas were giving me fish,
I was catching only about 3 mtrs past the end of the toolkits on the roost, which I must say is a very good piece of kit from Preston innovations, although I was catching well, it was never going to be enough as Martin on 5 had built up a good lead, he was catching as well as me at the end but the early lead was going to be unattainable, and that's how it ended with Martin running out the clear winner with a very good 159.4, catching mostly on shallow pellet , or mugging a few , also some down the edge on double corn, well done Martin.
I was second with 119.10, it should have been more as I went over (AGAIN) in one net, so I got knocked back to 80lb. (Twat)

3rd rich Heatley on 11 which has been a bit of a peg of death recently, but he did well off it today with 76.13
4th adriano(adj) Mercato who seems to be enjoying his break from speci carp fishing with 66.3, even though he did keep throwing various pieces of kit into the lake all day. On peg 22.
5th kev molten on peg 18 had 64.2.
6th Leon Hubbard on 20 had 61.3, which included the top silver's weight on the day with 20.2.
I will run another another one in a fortnight so give me a ring to book in,
Got a day off Saturday to fish the fishomania qualifier at viaduct, then Sunday I'm off to Barston with Chris Fox to fish a fundraiser for the England disabled team, best dust off the method rod lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment