Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 March 2017

Landsend league rnd 5

Judith was back in the van today so plenty of pictures then, also we had Jason Radford with us, breakfast at the fishery and on the ainscough scale it was a definite 4.75 out of 5 so no complaints from anyone, di and olive seem to have it well sorted.
Judith refused to draw for me today as she got me a crap peg last round on lake 3, so I managed to get trig to draw for , that was after he pulled out one of the flyers  for himself, (corner peg 33) and he had the cheek to moan saying he didn't want it !!!!!, anyway he pulled out a peg for me and opened it up to reveal 40, bugger, its been a hard peg with it only having a blank and one carp in the last two matches, I did draw it in the first round and only had two small carp, but it was frozen then  so I was at least hoping for a few, for company I had Stuart Barnett on 39 and opposite was rod (van winkel) wootten opposite on 25.
Firstly a picture just for Jimmy Norris as he seems to have an incurable foot fetish.
Several rigs today, a margin meat rig for down to my left, a meat rig for 6 mtrs in front, a couple of pellet rigs for 16 mtrs out by the hay bale, up and down the shelf, and one for dobbing maggot , again out by the hay bale, at the start I began on the maggot rig at half depth .
It didn't work today as I only had a couple of small roach, I did lose a carp but it was probably fouled, so in was soon months deck on banded pellet, I soon had a couple of f1,s but no carp.
Rod had a couple and Stuart was losing a some against the island , but he did manage a one, so an hour and fifteen into the match and I was on the 6 mtr meat line, and bigger me if I didn't get two carp in two drops, but that was it, so it was back out to the hay bale, and it was a bit better, with more f1,s in the deep water and proper carp up on top of the shelf, it turned into a nice match for me, Stuart next door had a bit of a torrid damaging his no7 section ruling out his island fishing, which was a shame for him as he had tails up against the island, I also had a couple more at 6 mtrs on the meat and my only bite down the edge gave me my biggest fish , a nice common of about 12lb.
So by the end in thought I may have 80lb, but I was way off the pace as far as the lake win was going as Craig(trigger) Edmunds up on his unwanted.peg 33 had been catching all day, so he had at least 150lb, it turned out trig had won again on the day with 179.4, pushing Shawn kitteridge into second who had 141.10 off peg 16, I was third with 109.01 and Paul elmes was 4th with 103.8.
5th Russ peck on 51 with 88.8
6th Pete nurse on 18 with 80.14
Top silver's went to Mike duckett on 34 with 19.12 with a mixture of roach ,Rudd and skimmers.


No comments:

Post a Comment