Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 February 2017

Viaduct winter league rnd 4

Clayton did the team draw today, and he pulled us a did of an indifferent set of pegs, me on 118 on Campbell, when all the carp seem to be at the other end of the lake,

Clint wojtyla was on 85, a good peg that has been more cold than hot this winter, Ron hardiman on 56 , again not a peg of choice but it can throw up a few carp on the waggler, Tim clark had a stand in as he was in his sick bed, so Richard Gillett stood in for him and was on 24 spring lake, a good silver's peg with the chance of a carp fishing out towards the island, and lastly, Clayton was on peg 9, which is pants, but to be fair Clayton seems to have the worst drawing arm of anyone I know, so it was no surprise to me he had this peg.
For company I the old stalwart  Steve Jackson on 119 and the genial trev senior on 116, 117 is not put in for this series which is dead handy, so I set up a dobbing rig to fish bread at 3/4 depth down by the brambles.
Also a meat rig for down by the pallet, a caster rig for about 11 mtrs as the wind was strong and gusty, and a lead rod for hair rigged meat or bread,
On the all in I fed a few balls of groundbait at 11 mtrs then went down the edge on the bread rig.
It started well with a carp virtually straight away, not particularly big, it was one of the smaller resident fish that can frequent these type of pegs, the match progressed slowly with odd bites down the edge , never manic but interesting enough to keep me going , I was doing ok section wise till about 90 mins from the end, when Nick ewers on end peg 123 began to catch a few , throwing the lead to the end bank, I ended up with 10 carp for about 50lb, but I new nicks fish were of a better stamp, I did have one fish on the tip and 2 late ones on the pole at 13 mtrs with meat, and they were my biggest fish, but as expected Nick won our section as his fish went 66.11 to my 57.6, but to be honest it was a bonus to catch as the fish seem to prefer the other end of the lake at the moment.
Top weight on the day went to mark leader on form peg 113 with  101.2, catching mainly on the lead , but he did have three good fish late  on meat at 7 mtrs
2nd mash on 131 with 95.3
3rd Scott cousins on 111 with 88.1
4th mat Parsons on 100 with 87.5
5th Bob Giles on 18 with 84.14
6th Ben hagg on 68 with 82.1
Silver's
Bob Giles on 18 with 28.12
Alex nadin on 19 with 23.10
Glen Reynolds on 3 with 22.10
Last day of the veals sale tomorrow , also the shop will be shut on Wednesday for the day for stocktaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment