Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 February 2017

So simple Gonuts Landsend league

Third round of this well run league with 36 anglers, ably run by Ken rayner and his blue money tin, also the sponsorship from and seery and his so simple products is much appreciated by the participants, thanks Andy.
Judith bought me breakfast at the fishery, cheers love, and in the ainscough star rating it gets a 4.5, piping hot and very tasty, well done di.
My turn on the match lake today and I got Judith to draw for , and as normal she didn't disappoint and pulled me out flyer 13, trig won the last round off it with 150lb, so after a quick chat ,it was off to the swim, its another corner swim with an aerater out in front , which when on has pushed utensils out of the peg meaning there is a nice deep trench slightly off to the right, at 5 1/2 foot deep, its the deepest part of the lake.
Trig caught on maggot at 14 mtrs in the trench , then later on meat on the deck in the same place, and he had a couple up the left hand margin on pellet, I also put a rig together for corn down to empty pallet 14, but although I tried it a couple of times I never had a bite on that line. so the necessary rigs were assembled and in was just about ready for the start, the all was
Called and I went straight out into the trench at 14 mtrs about 18 inches off the deck, the float settled then after a couple of seconds went under with a 6lb common taking a liking to the triple maggot on the 18 middy 8313 hook on .16 sensas feeling line,
After that the match pretty much went to plan, I never fed anything on that line for over three hours, I just kept lifting and dropping and moving the rig around the area picking up odd carp, a few fish appeared in the shallow water off the end of the island about halfway through, so I got off the box and made up rig to fish in the 12 inch deep water out by the island, I was surprised to get two fish on it before they spooked off, there were odd fish there on and off for the rest of the match, but they weren't interested in feeding, and they were definitely a bit pole shy in the not to coloured water, as expected the off the deck maggot rig got harder so I fed some meat there with a couple of hours to go, leaving it to settle I went down the left margin in about 3 foot of water, I had a coupe of fish from there including the biggest of my fish in the shape of a common which probably scraped double figures.
I had a few more on the meat towards the end to end up with 23 carp and 1 f1, I thought I had about 110lb , Judith reckoned on it being about 122, so we had a quid on who was the closest, well I owe her a quid as I weighed 132lb , which won the lake and was first overall, beating trig into second place with 104lb off peg 55, second on my lake and third overall was the consistent Gary o,Shea on peg 15 next to me. Weigh sheets below.


As expected at the halfway stage trig Edmunds is winning with max points, there ain't no stopping him.
Judith took the pictures today, and she seemed very comfy with a dustbin foot stool.

Off to acorn Tuesday then back to viaduct next Sunday for the team's of 5,s. I'm on spring lake and with the weather meant to be going cold again by the end of next week, it should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment