Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 January 2017

Viaduct winter league

As always this team's of 5 series is as popular as normal with 19 teams taking part, a big match these days.
I travelled down with Jason Radford and Ron hardiman today, and after the breakfast in cannards well which was nice, it was off down to the fishery, it was soon draw time, and its my turn for the first match, no4 ticket came out which gave us sequence of pegs putting Tim Clark on 113 , Clayton Hudson on 79, myself on 73 , Clint wojtyla on 43 and Ron hardiman on 5, a good team draw.
My peg 73 is a corner peg on lodge, its got lots of history and form, providing the carp were under the tree and along the bank to my right it could be happy days, as always it looked good.

Simple set up today , a bread dobbing rig for down along the right hand margin, and a meat rig to fish under the branches out on the end of the tree and out in front at 14 mtrs, both areas I never had a bite on, for company , and good company it is, I had to look at Nick Collins on the other side of the tree on 53, even he was going to fish to carp today , as silver's which he normally like to target aren't really an option in these pegs at this time of year and with the clarity of the water.
At the start I fed the two meat lines, then picked up the dobbing rig, I started at 13 mtrs and 10 minutes in and I was attached to my first carp, which I was just about to net when the hook pulled, bigger. It didn't take to long to get attached to another one which was safely netted, and at probably 12lb was a good start, in the next hour I netted 3 more, but that was it on the 13 mtr line, no more bites, so along to 14 mtrs, and a bit of a worry as I never had a bite there, so it was down to 16 mtrs, by now Nick was one fish ahead fishing the long pole and corn on the back of the tree, but I had a bit of a purple patch at n 16 mtrs catching several carp fairly quickly to put me back in the driving seat, but it didn't last , some of the fish were approaching double figures, but a few of them were on the small side, if you can call 6lb small. I looked to be doing ok and winning the lake as Nick seemed to be my biggest threat, and he was struggling a bit, the last hour I went to 17 mtrs and had a couple more carp, then Nick started to get some big fish on the wag and corn fishing into the bay behind the tree, and on the whistle he was playing a fish and I was sure it was the one to give him the edge over me but he didn't agree, and after safely netting it he was admitting to about 85lb , and I thought I had about the same, and it was close as Nick had 96lb to my 94.2, so that last fish was the decider,  mind you it didn't help that his last 4 fish went about 55lb.
First on the day went to Colin dyer on 102 with 15 carp for 154.11
2nd Tim Clark on 113 with 150.6
3rd Paul Greenwood on 77 with 111.9
4th Nick Collins with 96lb
5th me with 94.2
6th Mark wynne on 128 with 67.12
Silver's 
Sam Powell on peg 2 with 18lb
Team sheet below, with my team , future networks coming out on top
A bit short on photos today as Judith couldn't come (to much housework lol) but hopefully normal service will be resumed next weekend on the Landsend league, but before that its back to huntstrete for round 2 of the silver's league, hopefully I will improve on the 8oz I had last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment