Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 January 2017

Tuesday acorn costcutter

A disappointing turnout today with only 10 of us, but at least the breakfast was good in the the bridge in Hatton. With so few anglers on the bank it was likely the fish would back off into the quiet spaces, Ray soon had the draw balls ready, and after Mike Chapman was first into the draw and pulled out ball 40, the inform bridge peg, I dived in next and out comes number 13, hopefully not unlucky for me, for company I had ed wynne on 15 and Keith Ray round on 11.
I soon had plenty of rigs made up to fish several places around the swim, from down to 12 pallet, a couple of places in the middle off to the right , and a couple of places at the bottom of the far shelf, in front and again off to the right, and a rig for up on the far shelf, once sorted I tidied my swim up so as not to look like a travellers camp.
Hmmmm still a work in progress, but it is better. Isn't it ?.
As for the fishing, the less said about that the better, Mike Chapman on 40 and Andy France the other side of the bridge on 6 both caught from the off, everyone else sat there motionless, and that didn't change for basically the whole match, during the match I had an f1 and 2 tiny carp down by pallet 12, and 2 goldfish and a 4oz skimmer from the right hand bottom of the island shelf to the right, and that was all the bites I had, Mike had odd fish to the end , but Andy peaked to early, letting Mike overhaul him to come out top on the day with 28lb.
And had 24lb and rich lovering on 25 was 3rd with 14lb, silver's went to Mike laird on 9 with 3lb something, I didn't get the results as I fished on for an hour as I couldn't believe there were no fish in the swim, or area as both ed and Keith blanked, and they both know the venue well, as I said finished on for an hour, and indolent know what it was but I began getting a bite every put in on the 13 mtr line to the right at the bottom of the island shelf, I wasn't doing anything different now to what I was doing during the match, I think it was more to do with time of day and reduced light levels, but I probably put over 28lb in the net in the hour between 3 and 4, all very strange as I can honestly say I never had a liner or missed bite during the match, then the swim is all of a sudden its solid, who knows where they were for the previous 5 hours, the swim was now full of f1,s and carp, debuggers.
Ed wynne took the picture of my after match catch, we had no answers , also Lee Waller watched for a while, just so he could see some bites.
Off to viaduct this weekend for the first round of teams of 5,s, and me along with 94 others will be hoping to draw peg 130, but they may well move or spread out, let's hope so, or even better its frozen over meaning everyone can only fish pole length lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment