Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 January 2017

Landsend open

15 booked in today, not a lot but with several matches on in the area it wasn't really a surprise, breakfast at the fishery was as good as usual, and the banter in th a cafe was good. The food tasted even better than normal as Judith managed to get the combination right on her purse and paid , shock horror.
I let Judith draw for me and fancied a peg anywhere on lake 3 as its been fishing the most consistent at the venue, but with Mike letting us put 10 on number 3 and 5 on one side of lake 2, so o it comes peg 15 stuck to her MIT,  I havnt fished this lake for ages and the General consensus was that the fish seemed to have relocated to the other end of the lake, but I wasn't convinced as 15 has always been a good peg , and it was the end peg today so even better.
I set a rig for each side to fish maggot for perch about a mtr off the bank, a meat rig for down under empty peg 14, but apart from a couple of liners I never had a proper bite down there.
A rig to fish banded 6mm pellet at 14 mtrs to the left, and another rig for 16 mtrs to my right for maggot over micros. I was just about ready in time , and Judith reckoned my swim looked like a travellers camp, I thought it looked ok myself.
At the start I went on the perch rig to my left after feeding the long lines, I soon had an 8oz fish in the net followed by a several more of various sizes, but as is normal with the perch here they very rarely queue up, I was soon going out on the banded 6mm over hard 4,s, and I didn't have to wait long for a bite, which settled in a nicely coloured 4lb common, so a good start.
I tried the right hand maggot over micro line but it only produced odd small fish, the left hand pellet line was my most productive with some better skimmers aswell,

so I just kept swapping between the inside perch swims and the 14 mtr pellet line, putting a odd skimmers and carp in the net, with some perch top ups from the inside, by the end I had 5 carp including a pretty ghostie.
And 18lb of silver's , which was top silver weight on the day and with the carp was enough for top on the lake and 4th on the day.
First on the day went to the old stager Adrian Jeffery on peg 51 with 88lb, he caught all his fish on triple maggot , so well done to him.
2nd Stuart Barnett on 58 with 47.4
3rd kev molten on 55 with 42.10
4th me with 38.7
5th Ken (cosmic) rayner on 42 with 31.4
6th Steve seager on 62 with 28.6
Not to bad really with ever one catching a few, and Judith is still improving with the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment