Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 December 2016

Viaduct silver's league, final round

After a nice breakfast at lillypool cafe with Judith and Jason Radford it was off to viaduct, with absolutely no chance of getting into the overall league standings it was a day to try and win the match, I let Judith draw for me again and she did nth disappoint as she pulled me 126 on Campbell, a nice area and definitely a potential winning or framing peg, for company on 125 was Leon Hubbard and Dave burns on 127. It didn't take long to tackle up, a couple of rigs to fish maggot or caster over groundbait at 11 and 14 mtrs, and a rig to fish with prawns, I did a bit of a throw away line off to the left at 16 mtrs.
To begin with I put in 3 balls on each of the two long lines. And a few chopped prawns on the 16 mtr line, I started at 5 mtrs with caster on one of the long pole rigs , and after 20 minutes of that and with only a few small roach to show I was soon at 11 mtrs, but the small roach were there aswell, but still not many at all, normally they are a nuisance , but not today, I couldn't catch a skimmer or tench to save my life, and to be fair apart from Tim Clark opposite on 115 who had a few early skimmers on the pole, and Adrian Jeffery on 111 who was fishing prawns on the lead, it was quiet all round by the look of things, it took me till about halfway through to get my first skimmer, and it was decent at about 2lb.

I had another soon after ,then lost one , that seemed to unsettle the swim for a while before I had another of about 1lb, and apart from a few small skimmers that was the end of my bream action for the day, apart from losing a late one, bigger. As for the prawn line , well I did manage two perch and lost two aswell, so to be honest I have had a bad day at the office as those two lost skimmers and perch probably cost me framing today, but that's fishing, sometimes they don't all stick, I ended up with 11.4 which was good enough for second in the section, so a bit of coin back then, the section was won by Mark Saunders on peg 124 with 14lb, he had a worse day than me on lost skimmers, strange day, no wind or trip probably didn't help matters, the match months day was won by the old campaigner Mike Nicholls on peg 70 with 30.3 of waggler caught roach and skimmers on caster.
2nd was gabe skarba on peg 78 with 22lb
3rd paddy on 62 with 17.5
4th Bob gullick on 128 with 16.3
5th kev Newman  on 100 with 16lb
6th Sam Powell on 88 with 15lb
League overall
1st mat tomes on 8 points dropping a 3
Well done mat, did well off not always the best draw
2nd stu white also on 8 points but dropping a 4
3rd Sam (Tom) Powell also on 8 points but dropping a 5.

So that was a tight finish in a hard league with a good standard of angler, as always a well run league so well done to Steve and mat for doing a good job, and to Colin dyer for always being on hand to help with the weigh in , as for me , well there's always next year, this league has been good to me in previous years with me winning it then being second for the two years after that, so I will be back LOL.
I nearly forgot, here's one of my prawn caught perch, its the first one I've had on this bait, but in still reckon they are better in a cocktail starter or in a sarnie with a nice dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment