Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 December 2016

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

Only a desperate dozen out today for hopefully a bit of a fish fix, so after a decent breakfast in the bridge pub in yatton with Chris Fox , and our pools paid, it was into the draw bag, a peg towards the entrance was hoped for ,but no I go and draw 22 next to the bridge at the far end, it was obviously expected to be hard as I had 9 empty pegs to my left , the next angler there was Dave wride, soon had myself sorted, but I still seem to end up with a bit of a bomb site looking peg lol.
Several areas to target today, by the bridge, 11 , 13 and 16 mtrs at the bottom of the far shelf off to my left, and by the empty pallet to my left, on top of the shelf and at the bottom of the near side shelf, the bait today would be the plain maggot, at the start I fed a few maggots on all lines with a few soaked micros aswell, I began against the bridge, but it took a while to get a bite.
It was a small carp, I went straight back in but never had a sign, so I fed a few more maggots there and tried the 11 mtr line, had another small carp there, but it was the same pattern, went back in but no bites, so refed a bit and went back to the bridge and had an f1, but again no more, the day was spent swapping between all lines but only managing one fish at a time, the near side down to my left never produced a bite , all bites came from the bottom of the far side shelf, but it was only very odd bites, by the end I had 7 small carp and 3 f1,s for about 30lb , which looked to be ok except for Dave blakemore on peg 15 who had 8 better size fish, which ever one expected to be enough on the day, and it was as he weighed 43lb exactly for a well earned win.
I was second with 30.13
The Peter pan of Bristol match fishing, Leon Hubbard on peg 6 had 24.5
3rd Mike Owens on 13 with 17.2
4th Ray bazeley on peg 9 with 15.10
5th Mike Chapman on 2 with 15lb
6th John (Turkey)Thompson on 5 with 2 foulhooked carp for 12.6

No comments:

Post a Comment