Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 December 2016

Avalon silver's league, last match

As I worked Tuesday this week I was given Saturday off instead, so I decided to fish this last match as a stand in to help out , so in was fishing for Nigel Sanders today, he had little, well, no chance of framing in the series, his only chance of a pickup was by ending up above Pete neate, winning there 20 quid side bet, and with Nigel having a near 6lb lead and with today looking to be hard as its been very cold this week, he should be safe !!.
I travelled down with Chris Fox again today , so I was treated to one of carolines lovely brekkies,
Got it the fishery and it was good to see 20 fishing, so not to bad for a Saturday, into the draw early and out comes peg 5, a good summer carp peg but a bit iffy for silver's, and with the wind blowing left to right and in at me presentation was always going to be tricky, as the tow would be going in the same direction, for company I was next to Ken rayner who needed a good day to improve on his 4 place standing going into this match.
 Today was going to be a really simple approach, one rig only, a .8g drennan as6, its a slim float but I've always found it ok in difficult conditions, the business end had an 18 middy 6313 on .10 sensas feeling line.
At the start I fed two lines at 13 mtrs with a couple of balls on each and a line straight out at 9mtrs, it was as hard as I expected with odd small fish, roach and skimmers , but I did get two better skimmers about halfway through, and I lost one at the net aswell, looking around as at as I could see, I was doing as well or better than most, so I just kept plugging away on the three lines, but no more skimmers came my way, apart from a few 2oz samples, I was first to weigh in and was happy with my 10.4, which ended up third on the day, rich Coles on 34 won with just shy of 16lb and Pete neate on 19 had 13 lb, it fished as hard as expected, but everyone had some bites and fish so it was ok.
Off to Landsend fishery tomorrow for the first of the winter league matches, although there can be some bad pegs this time of year, it still ranks as one of my favourite venues, let's hope I'm still saying that tomorrow night , LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment