Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 November 2016

Viaduct silver's league, penultimate round

Only me and Judith travelling down today as Pete notton is still a sick note, after a nice brekkie in shipham it was off to the fishery.
Early as normal into the draw, but due to my drawing arm seemingly fallen off I decided to let Judith draw for me, luckily Mike Nicholls had already drawn 132 so that was one peg of doom gone then, I wasn't to upset when Judith pulled 102 out of the tin, its on Cary and there has been a bit of an explosion of small skimmers  on this lake and this seems to have been a good area for them with the chance of the odd big one thrown in,
3 rigs today , a couple of 4x12 rigs , one bulked and the other spread shot , and a .4g double bulked .
At the start I cupped in balls of groundbait at 11 and 14 mtrs with virtually no feed in it , then began at 5mtrs with the spread shot rig trying to catch some roach, it was a bit slow, so after 20 mins it was out to 11 mtrs, and I was soon catching small skimmers with the best bait being single maggot, most of the match was spent at 11 mtrs withy he odd look out to 14 mtrs, it was a busy day shipping in and out so at least it kept me warm.
The banter was ok aswell as I had mat tomes and Steve Jackson behind me on lodge , either side I had Mark leahay to my left and dick bull to my right, and with the rest of my section consisting of Fabio on 105, trev senior on 99 and the ever consistent Gary o,Shea on 98, so quite a hard section to be fair. I did my give my official photographer to much stick as I was in a bit of a precarious position
As in said I have spent most of the day at 11 mtrs with an odd sorte out to 14 , plenty of bites all day but no quality, my biggest fish may have just scraped 12oz, Nick bull managed a few better skimmers including  3lb bream which he had to reverse into the net, but I don't mind as I've had my fair share of those over the years. I did have one torrid bit about 5 mins from the end when my top 4 fell off shipping back with a small skimmer on from 14 mtrs, I managed to get it back to about 4 mtrs from the bank before it sank, so not to worry Steve normally gets sections back out, so it was off the box , a new no4 section put on and back out with the spare 4x12 rig, I managed another 4 oz skimmer as the all out was called, and that fish was crucial , duck bull won the section with 14.14, I was second in the section with 13.4 beating Gary o,Shea by 1oz, ha ha .
First on the day went to Sam (Tom) Powell on 59 with 19.4, that's his second match win of the series so well done to him.
2nd Glen Calvert on 115 with 16.12
3rd des shipp on 68 with 15.13
4th stu white on 86 with 15.3
5th dick bull on 100 with 14.14
6th paddy on 77 with 14.13
A good tight match really so a few bonus fish for anyone in the top 10 could have made all the difference, now looking forward to next Sunday and the first round of the Landsend fishery winter league , ably run by Ken rayner, for those fishing di will be cooking her normal tasty breakfast at the fishery, it should be good as the recent heavy rains have filled the lakes up, there may still be a space or two left, so contact Ken rayner to check.
I did manage to get my top 4 out at the end with a clever little gadget called a frangler, its a mosella invention where you get a little blade designed to cut line and rigs from overhanging branches and reeds, also you get a hook both of which screw into your cupping kit, so I screwed the hook in and managed to retrieve it on the first attempt, definitely a must have small item.

No comments:

Post a Comment