Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

Back to Kingston Seymour again for this match popular Tuesday fixture, after a breakfast at the bridge inn at Hatton it was off to the venue, a little disappointing with a low turnout of only 12, must be the onset of winter,
Nearly last into the ping pong bag and out comes ball 5, a nice peg which I won off last time I drew it about a month ago, but we have had some cold weather since then, so it would be harder today, even though the last couple of days had been unseasonably warm, there were plenty of fish making so we were hoping for a decent day, at least no one was moaning, oh I forgot about des shipp on 38 who hadn't seen a fish move, I did try explain that they would be most probably be feeding on the bottom, but he wasn't convinced.
Not to many rigs today, a pellet rig for across on the island shelf, a maggot rig for left and right margins and another rig to fish a couple of spots in the deep water at 6 and 11 mtrs.
I fed all lines at the start with the necessary baits, but began across on banded 6mm pellet, I had a quick fish , and I expected a few more as there were some fish moving around on the shelf, I was getting a few liners so it kept my interest going, I had the odd fish and with no one really catching I stuck with it, but it got harder instead of easier , the rest of the match was spent chasing round the peg for odd bites, a few down each side .one on the 11 mtr maggot line and some late just down the far shelf on the trusty maggot (triple), I thought I would have nearly 65lb , Mike Owens on 1 had about the same as me , but des behind us on 38 was admitting to 55 lb but even without being able to keep an eye on him I reckoned he had closer to 80lb, and as the weights below show I wasn't to fat out with my estimations.
Dave wride won the sildver's with a net of fairground prizes , all various shades of orange, well done ed wynne for catching 5lb of proper silver fish.
Des with part of his 55lb lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment