Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 October 2016

Viaduct silver's league rnd 3

Drove down with Pete noton and Judith today for this one, after the breakfast stop at lillypool which was very nice it was off to the fishery to join the 55 others waiting for the draw, at least Helen was on duty with the kettle, always a nice cuppa.
She does seem a bit camera shy, so Mike Nicholls and me got her with a pincer movement.
Back to the draw and I am really beginning to think I have killed a load of robins somewhere as I took a ticket off Clint wojtyla who pulled out 2 tickets , opened it to see another peg you don't really want, 55 on lodge  a peg right in front of the Carpark, I need a section win to stand any chance of getting in the overalls, but fish have fins so you never can tell.
Made up only two rigs today , a double bulk rig and a more conventional shotted rig, I plumbed up at 11 mtrs and 14 , it was the same depth and a line 6 mtrs to my left which was also the same depth, I drew next to Tim Clark last year, and he was on this peg, and he had some good skimmers off the short line to the left so I would give it a go, at the start I cupped in 2 balls at 11 mtrs and two balls on 2 lines at 14 mtrs, 11 and 1 o'clock.
I began on the 6 mtr line and to be fair I had a dream start for this peg as I had 3 good skimmers for probably 8lb in the first 15 mins, but after that I had a few roach from that line but the quality disappeared, but it was a good decision and a good start, happy days, next stop the 11 mtr line, a couple of skimmers (6oz) then small roach.
Most of the rest of the match was spent on the 2 long lines, swapping between them, I had a few more skimmers and lots of small roach, plenty of bites really so no complaints, the double bulk rig didn't work today so most of the match was spent on the conventional shotting pattern, although I initially put some chopped worm in the groundbait, it didn't seem to help, so subsequent balls just had caster in and single caster seemed the best bait for me today, by the end I thought I had done enough to win my section, and I had as I ended with 22.10, 15.8 was second in the section, so those three early big skimmers were vital. Luckily gabe skarba wasn't in my section as he had put some good bream into his net during the match, and ran out an easy match winner with 42.10, from peg 68, fishing worm over his secret groundbait mix (lol), well done matey.
2nd was Chris Davis on 102 with 27.9
3rd (somehow) Tim Clark on 77 with 25.14
4th Phil (Fabio) Harding on 100 with 23.5
5th was me with 22.10
6th Glen Calvert on 69 with 22.8

No comments:

Post a Comment