Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 October 2016

Viaduct all winners final

Travelled down with trig Edmunds today, so it was a stop off at lillypool cafe for breakfast, and it was ok to be fair.
Off down to the fishery to join with the rest of the drawbags for this match which was worth a grand to the winner, I got about a third of the way back at the draw and like most people wanted a draw on  Campbell, but it wasn't to be as 98 Cary stuck to my hand, trig was on 60 on lodge , so he wasn't best pleased as he had to get directions to his peg, he never even new this lake existed.
For company I had Jamie parkhouse on 99 and Dave "slapper" white on 97, so we had a three way pound.
I set up a waggler rod and a lead rod to fish at about 30 mtrs and a short pole for meat at 6 mtrs.
Realistically it was a carp or bust match, with very little point in fishing for silver's, at the start I began on the meat line and did manage two good carp in the first hour, and with very little being caught around me it was a good start, but it never really improved, foulers were a problem , probably lost about a dozen as did Jamie to my left, I ended up with 8 carp and two skimmers for at least 80lb which was looking good for the three way squids if nothing else, I had two on the short meat line, 5 on the wag and 1 on the tip, so not a really hectic day, and no chance of getting into the overalls, but I did win my section which was worth 60 quid so at least it was a free day, and the squids from each side made it even more enjoyable, as my 91lb was more than enough as Dave had 45lb (nearly) and Jamie had 58lb (nearly).

Top weight on the day went to Andy power on 105 with 226.11, catching on meat or 16 mtrs
2nd Steve Shaw on 115 with 193.6
3rd Fred Roberts on 85 with 187.4
4th Dan squire on 127 with 174.9
5th trig Edmunds on 60 with 167.8
6th Alan oram on 114 with 159.14
It fished well again with 20 weights over 100lb, I don't think there is a more prolific bagging water in the country.
Off back down to viaduct again tomorrow for the first of the silver fish league, looking forward to that but I don't think the weather is going to help, bright sunshine and no wind, ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment