Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 October 2016

Tuesday costcutter open acorn fishery

Travelled with Chris Fox today , so Mrs Fox (Caroline) treated us to one of her tasty breakfast omelettes, very nice to.
Short trip to the fishery and there was 20 booked in, so a decent turn out again.
Early into the draw bag and out comes ping pong ball 31, I like this area as you generally get a bit of room as its deemed a bit of a tough area, but I reckon its ok.
For company in had John barker on the bridge peg 33 and Keith Fisher on 27, so like I said plenty of room. This peg had a nice margin , its about 2 foot deep, so I set up the maggot rig for each side, a maggot rig for on the deep water at 5 mtrs and 2 pellet rigs, one for across on the island shelf and the other for down to empty pallet 30.
At the start I began on the island rig , but it was a bit slow, I only had 2 carp in the first hour, over on 24 Dave wride had got off to a flying start and was putting fish into his net fishing disbelieve soft pellet. Also I could see Chris Fox on 9 having a few, and Mark Jones on 34 was doing ok.
My far line started to produce more fish when the ducks turned up and began colouring the water up, this is one of the few venues where I encourage ducks into my peg, you can often see the carps tails in between the ducks.
The second half of my match was enjoyable, I was catching fish from the far side, down to the empty pallet and a few from the 5 mtr line on maggot, I was always trying to claw back Dave's early lead, his swim slowed up towards the end but in was getting a few so by the end it was always going to be close, I did ask my runner to keep and eye on what was being caught, but to be honest, he wasn't very good .
Well he never kept a close enough eye on Dave wride as he came out top today with 144..9
I was 2nd with 141.14, one fish short
3rd Chris Fox on 9 with 108.9
4th Mark Jones on 34 with 97.12
5th Mike Owens on 40 with 68.8
6th John Darby on 22 with 56.13
Ed wynne continues his dominance in the silver's by winning that with 7.6 off peg 36

No comments:

Post a Comment