Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Sponsored anglers welcome, Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

16 of us today , so still a good turnout, I got into the draw bag and managed to pick ping pong ball 27. Not the best of pegs but as you normally get a bit of room at this end of the lake it has been known produce the goods a few times this year so I was hopeful.
My nearest anglers to me were Dave blakemore on 24 and Ray bazeley on 31, so like I said, plenty of room.
I set up rigs to fish maggot each side in the margins, a pellet rig to fish down to empty pallet 28 and the usual pellet rig for across on the island.
At the start I fed all the relevant swims the the chosen baits and began across on the pellet, I had 2 quick carp before it went iffy, the water was a bit clearer than the last time here, and I could see the carp on the far side a bit to easily, meaning they could see the pole over there heads , making them very wary and shying away very quickly, only to return instantly the pole was taken away, all very annoying really.
I kept at it though as I wanted to leave my margin swims for as long as possible, hoping to catch well here in the last half of the match, but they never showed any real signs of life till about 2 hours from the end, and I probably had over 60lb in this spell, which was enjoyable but was never going to be enough as Steve Shaw on peg 34 was catching well, fishing down his edge on maggot over groundbait, but with a 1 kilo limit now in place he ran out towards the end, but it never stopped him winning again with 200lb 9oz, he really has made this venue his own and is very hard to beat, and not just here as he is doing well ever where else aswell, so fairplay to him.
2nd Colin butler on peg 11 with 126.6
3rd Scott Thomas on 33 with 118.15
4th Mike Chapman on peg 5 with 117.11
5th me with 114.4
Silver's went to ed wynne with just over 11lb on peg 17.
Off to todber manor this Sunday for a 4 match pairs series being run by Mark poppleton, I'm partnering Ken "Colmic" rayner, its being fished on the new lakes there, and I'm looking forward to it, the only down side is that I will have to take a method feeder rod with me , but I may not need to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment