Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 October 2016

Silver's winner final, viaduct fishery

After a stop off at Landsend fishery cafe for breakfast, it was off to the fishery, 64 fishing today so Steve spread us over Campbell, Cary, lodge and spring, not to fussed as to where I drew but one of the pegs on the far side of spring lake would be nice, 16 to 19, so I wasn't to disappointed when I opened up the ticket to reveal 16, nice start, but I just had to hope the main shoal of skimmers were at my end of the section, but they do have a habit of shoaling in 1or 3 pegs, time would tell.

4 rigs today, a couple of caster ones for short and down the edge, and 2 the long pole , .25 and .4 g . I chose 3 lines for the long pole , one at 11 mtrs and 2 at 14 but on different angles.
At the start I fed 3 balls on each of the long pole lines with some chopped worm and caster, but began on the short pole line with caster , fully expecting to catch some roach from the off, but it never happened, I couldn't get a bite, very strange as this lake has a lot of small nuisance roach, but they did by seem to want to play ball today, so after 30 mins and with only.2 small roach in the net I was shipping out a caster to the 11 mtr line, that's when I discovered where the small roach were, all out on the long pole lines !!!!!!. So back out with a healthy chunk of worm but the little blighters were nailing that aswell, and it didn't really get any better as the match went on, it appeared the skimmers were happy to sit in front of peg 18 where Sean Wilson was making no mistakes plundering them , ably assisted by his coach in the shape his dad who seemed to talk him right through the match. I spent most of my match rotating around the long lines with bits of worm on the hook, caster or maggot on the hook never got even close to the bottom, Sean and his dad did well to keep the skimmers coming, cupping in plenty of neat worm and fishing pieces over the top, I couldn't get a decent skimmer, I had odd ones up to about 1 1/4  oh yes and plenty of small roach, I did get one roach of nearly a pound from the inside, but it was a loner.
No one I could see was going to beat Sean on our lake , but I didn't know about the other lakes, I did have a bit of carp trouble today , especially towards the end, I think I lost 8 in the end. By the end I reckoned on double figures but was going to be miles behind Sean, who was admitting to 45lb, and he wasn't to far out as he weighed 50.4 for the win and £750, I got the section by default with just over 15lb, I'll take it anyway I can lol.
Sean with most of his fish, well done matey.
2nd James Allen on 99 with 40.2
3rd des shipp on 66 with 31.2
4th stu white on 115 with 31.6
5th bela bakos on 69 with 30.2
6th Fred Roberts on 125 with 29.7
Back to viaduct again tomorrow for the second round of the silver's league,

No comments:

Post a Comment