Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 September 2016

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

18 fishing today , so at least we would all have an empty peg each side or a bridge , so plenty of room for all, into the draw quite early and out comes ping pong ball no 7, a new one for me, never been on this one before, but gabe skarba have me the low down on it as he has had it several times, then he scurried off to his nice corner peg 11, so he would be the one to watch, as was Steve Shaw on 15.
Only down shot really was that I had to look at Bob feltham all day over on peg 5.
After listening to the advice I decided to completely ignore the far bank, which was a first for me on this venue as I normally target the@ rat holes,
So today I set rigs to fish maggot down the edge at 4mtrs, a pellet rig for on the deck at 2plus 2 about 1.5 mtrs off the bank, and a pellet rig for up to empty peg 8.
On the all in I fed the 2+2 pellet line and fed some pellets up to the next pallet, and began feeding maggots down the margin,
Starting on the short pellet line I was soon into my first carp, and I caught a few quite quickly, then I started fouling a few. Lifting and dropping helped but didn't cure the problem, I tried my next pallet rig over the same line, which was about 6 inches off the deck, and I had a bit of a purple patch, catching well on a 6mm banded pellet just suspended off the deck,
  That lasted for a while but it wasn't quick enough to see me winning, especially as Steve and gabe had begun to catch well in the second half of the match, the last 2 hours were spent on the margin maggot line and up to the next pallet with pellet , catching off both lines by the end it was to tough to call between me gabe and Steve, but I new I had over 200lb with the other two admitting to less but I know not to believe people , as I'm one of the worst lol.
My last fish was a nice 8lb common on maggot down the edge , Mark Bartlett was on hand to take a pic of me netting it.
It turned out I didn't need the last fish as I weighed 219lb which was enough to win, but it shouldn't have as Steve Shaw over on 15 went over in two of his net's, 76 in one and 77 in another, so he lost those two nets , we think his clicker must have gone into reverse after 50lb, but never mind, thanks Steve LOL.
2nd was the ever dangerous and new mosella signing ,
Gabe skarba on 11 with 191.6
3rd Sean Clayton on peg 1 with 183.4
4th rich Heatley on peg 33 with 158.12
5th Nick Miller on 13 with 118.2
6th Mark Walsh on 22 with 98lb
Silver
Mike Owens on 9 with 19.15
Avalon Sunday for anyone who is looking for a match, ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in, 9.30 draw fish 11 to 5

No comments:

Post a Comment