Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Ivy house Tuesday costcutter

Travelled with Chris "birthday boy" Fox today, and what should have been a fairly straightforward 50 minute journey, turned into a 135 minute journey from hell, the people in charge of Bristol roads need to be sacked , they honestly don't have a clue.
W@#?=@s.
Due to eating my brekkie I had the last ball in the bucket, peg 44 was my home for the day, its a peg I have always fancied, its the first one on the left on the far side of the causeway on willow lake. It's a good margin peg on its day, but with fewer but bigger fish than in the match lake it can prove a bit tough.
Oh and did I mention its another corner peg .

Just over to my left was the Wiltshire legend Gary etheridge on the match lake, he has obviously been given a grant as he has invested some money in a set of the new Preston pole rollers from there soon to be released retro range, and I must say they look really good and stable.
I set up rigs to fish left at 14 mtrs along the causeway, same rig would do  to my right , a pellet rig for 14 mtrs and two corn rigs , one for 13 mtrs and the other for 5mtrs,  to cut a long story short it turned into as tough a day as I expected, roach were to prove a big problem on corn, the 5 mtr line was the best as I had a few skimmers , one carp and some roach from there, as for the carp I had three from the 14 mtr line out in front on pellet and 3 more from along the causeway bank also on pellet, but even on these two lines roach were trying to eat the 8mm pellet, all very annoying, so at the end I had 7 carp and a few silver's for what I thought would be 75lb and I wasnt to far out as I had 76.2, which was enough for second on the day, but no pickup as Andy operates a continental pay out, which is a first in each section of which there was three today , and a first in section for silver's, the match was won by oggy on peg 41 with 90.14 , catching on banded 8mm over maggot in his margin.
Silver's winner today was Gary etheridge on 15 match lake with 51lb of skimmers, well done to the man who once auditioned for top gun as Tom cruise,s stunt double, only missing out as he was deemed to tall.
Weight sheet below, as is normal with this fishery, no one really runs away with it, and its certainly not a fish race, its a working venue, it makes you think a bit, enjoyable in a warped sort of way, but the breakfast is very good and the fresh cream and jam scones after were very welcome.
Fishing Saturday and Sunday this week, both days at viaduct, the all winners final Saturday and the first of the silver's league on Sunday, two totally different days, looking forward to a good 2 days fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment