Total Pageviews

Tuesday 13 September 2016

Ivy house Tuesday costcutter

Just for a bit of a change Chris Fox and me decided to Andy and Karen a visit at this popular Wiltshire venue, its not a huge weight venue normally, 100lb will win most matches and silver's weights regularly top 50lb, so with all this in mind both of went equipped with worms, casters, groundbait pellets and paste, all thing hopefully covered then, I did bring three pints of dead maggots for down the edge, as its been working to a certain degree on a few venues.
After one of Karen's nice brekkies it was time to draw, I was one from the end and pulled out peg 5, a good peg for carp but not so good for silver's apparently, so the silver's baits stayed in the bag.
It's a nice view from the cafe door though.
I got to my peg and found myself looking straight across the lake at travelling partner Chris Fox, who was mainly targeting silver's today.
I set up a maggot rig for down the edge , but apart from a couple of perch that was a total.waste of maggots, so I won't be mentioning that again, the other rigs were a deep and shallow pellet rig for 14 mtrs, and a paste rig , yes a paste rig, you read it right !!!!!!.
Frank Donochie,s son drew this peg at the weekend and had a tough time with foulers, Frank said he cured it by plopping the method feeder onto the pole line, but I don't do that but after the way my day went perhaps I may need to look at it , as the day went I did have a torrid time with lost fish , mostly fouled but I lost several fish hooked in the mouth, even two fish I hooked shallow, I was trying some new elastic lube , blue in colour, I normally use the mosella silicone lube and very good it is to, but I think this new lube seemed to not like the old lube which was still on the plastics, making it all very juddery and sticking, which I don't think helped, so I think it will be back to the mosella lube for sure, the other lube I think is fine providing its on virgin elastic which hasn't seen any other lubes.
By the end I thought I had about 50lb and wast to far out as my fish went 52.12.
The match was won by Gary etheridge on peg 2 with 92.10, and another pensioner was second in the shape of baggy , next to me on 6 with 70.2 on corn, he also had the top silver's weight of 38.4, all at about 5 mtrs, weigh sheet below, I think in will be back there next Tuesday and try and sort it out a bit, oh yes and I did catch 2 carp and a tench on PASTE .

No comments:

Post a Comment