Total Pageviews

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

Back to acorn for my third day on the trot fishing, travelled with Ron hardiman as he was off and fancies it, just a couple of egg and bacon sarnies on the way today, enough after the last two days proper fry ups. 22 fishing today , the numbers were swelled by gabe skarba back from his hols, the Welsh boys were back and it was good to meet a few of the Shaw road disaster  squad who have been coming to Somerset for years and doing the circuit of some of Somerset finest fisheries, they certainly seem to have enjoyed themselves.
Time for the draw and I got in early again and found myself on peg  2 on the island, nice peg and with no one on peg 3 at least we had a bit of room. Two pellet rigs for over , one about a mtr off and the other up on the island shelf, the other rig was for maggot down my left hand margin.
On the all in I cupped some maggot down the edge, I didn't bring any groundbait today cos I'm buggered if a can get it to work, so it was a maggot attack today.
Starting on the just off rig I had 3 fish in the first 30 mins, but the liners got the better of me and I was reaching for the shallow rig, that was just as bad , with foulers doing my head in, but I stuck with it trying to wade through the fouled one's , and it did get better with enough lip hooked fish to make me stick at it, but it was a bit torrid at times, I kept feeding the margins with maggots but it didn't really come good till the last hour when I couldn't get the rig in quick enough, I reckon I had nearly 50lb in the last hour, shame the didn't turn up earlier, still I thought I had at least 120lb , so I wasn't upset when I put 132lb on the scales, but it was only good enough for third on the day as gabe skarba back from his Slovakian holibob  more than did the business with 237.7, caught on soft pellet over groundbait down his right hand margin.
2nd a long way behind was Paul faiers on peg 9 with 142.11 mainly on the pole but he did get some digger bonus fish on the method
3rd me with 132lb
4th Steve Shaw on 38 with 123.7
5th s Holmes peg 11 with 97.14
6th Mark Walsh on peg 16 with 93.12
I've had a nice few days fishing catching nearly 450lb of fish in 3 days, so no complaints . Looking forward to the sedges on Sunday, still sold out at the mo, so if your name wasn't on the list on yesterday's blog , your not in yet I've even got a couple on the waiting list still.

No comments:

Post a Comment