Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 August 2016

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

20 fishing today so a good turnout but still plenty of room, Glen Bailey had a walk round before the start and said the top end of the lake around peg 27 seemed to have the most fish showing,
So into the draw bag early and out comes peg 27 , ha ha.
I wasn't convinced that it was going to be a winner today as it only occasionally produces the goods.
Rigs today were simple, only 3. A stalker/mugger as it was flat calm and hot so a mug fish or two may be on the cards.
A rig for over on the island which was only 11 mtrs away so nice and comfy, and a maggot rig for down the edge over groundbait.
At the start I cupped in some groundbait each side and fed some 6,s with the catty across on the island, starting over on the island shelf , it didn't take long to start catching, and getting towards the end of the first hour I was thinking 200lb plus may be on the cards, but towards the middle of the second hour  things slowed up massively, I wasn't to worried as the margins have been coming good towards the end of the match, but not today for me . Odd fish visited the inside lines but didn't seem to want to stop and feed, just swimming through munching as they went but not stopping.
Apart from a couple of muggers and two late fish down the margins fishing 13 mtrs to a bay in the reeds all my fish came from the far side in about 10 inches of water, its a style I like fishing but with it being flat with bright sunshine, the fish were a bit spooky and it certainly got more difficult fairly quickly, by the end I reckoned on having 120lb ish and wasn't to far out as I had just over 128, good weight at my end of the lake but was beaten by several at the other end .
1st went to Sean Wilson on peg 1 with 156.11
2nd Glenn Bailey on 9 with 156
3rd Bob Smith on 12 with 144.14
4th Scott Thomas on 5 with 130.7
5th me with 128.6
6th Martin Thomas on 38 with 103
Silver's
Barry ditches on 22 with 4.15
Next up is the last of the float only league's at viaduct on Sunday.
Then on Monday I am running the Gary wall memorial match at Landsend fishery , to book in ring me on 07974807941 to book or ring Mike on 07977545882

No comments:

Post a Comment