Total Pageviews

Monday 15 August 2016

Silver's, over 50,s , sedges fishery

Another costcutter today as I got to work tomorrow, so sedges was my only option, still it was a good turnout with 24 fishing, good to see Charlie Barnes turn up with John barker for a watch, hopefully he will soon be back on the bank fishing,
Jamie decided to to put 8 on brick lake and 16 on tile, I wanted to draw on brick as the skimmers are much bigger, and the love the worm, I got into the draw about halfway through and pulled out 17 which was on brick, plus it's in the right area for the bream, but with very little wind and bright sunlight I wasn't sure they would cooperate, I was next to hls clubs finest in the shape of Bolton George who has got an o level in moaning, he can even make des shipp seem like a novice.

Main attack today was worm and caster in groundbait at 9 and 13 mtrs, so on the whistle several balls were put on each line, and I began on the shorter line with maggot on the hook, but after a couple of iffy small fish bites I was reaching for the worm bag, and from there on it turned into a nice comfy match, catching odd good skimmers off each line on big bits of dendra, worm seemed to work better till the last couple of hours when a switch to double caster seemed better, the match was never fast and furious , but I didn't expect it as the weather was right against silver fish catching, but I ended up with 44lb for a comfy win, weight sheet below.

Still got a couple of spaces for Chilton trinity woodlands lake on Sunday for the last in the short pole series , so any one fancy it ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in.

No comments:

Post a Comment