Total Pageviews

Sunday 21 August 2016

Short pole series, final match

Last round at Chilton trinity on woodland lake, it was a bit of tight affair , with Tom mangnal leading going into this match on 18 points , with myself, Emma Drysdale and Joe McMahon all on 16 points , so a good result by any of the top 4 was going to be needed to ensure a final pay out.
I let misha draw for me again, and she didn't let me down as she me peg 6, which is the first one on the far bank, so yes it was another corner, and with peg 7 not drawn due  a couple of non shows, both down to legitimate reasons , so no moan from me.
My next angler to my left was Chris Fox on 8, I was also in the k/o final with Tom mangnal and Joe McMahon, Joe was opposite on 32 and Tom was up on 24, so on could keep an eye on them.
Rigs today were a couple for the right hand margin, one on top of the shelf and one about a mtr off, then two more rigs for out in front, one shallow  and another for on the deck, all to fish with banded 8mm pellet over 8,s as feed.

I would like to say at the start it all went to plan, but it never as Joe opposite had a couple of fish on paste before I managed to hook one , it may have been in the tail but they all count.

I was soon reaching for the shallow rig and to be fair I spent most of the rest of the match on this, I did manage one fish down the edge  and two fish on the deck out in front, but it was a bit of a slog really, I ended up with 13 fish for hopefully about 80lb, but it was going to be enough to win the section, so that would be good, hopefully the others in contention would dip out, Joe opposite had struggled as had Tom and Emma up at the other end of the lake , Mike west looked to have done the best, and would probably win on the day, Clayton Hudson on peg 10 would push him closest as far as I could see, 
Mike west on peg 27 did win with 104.6, catching well down his edge on pellet then paste towards the end of the match.
2nd Clayton Hudson on 10 with 89.6
3rd me with 80.11
The k/o was won by me , so that was 60quid in the pocket to begin with.
I also won the series due to Tom mangnal dipping right out, I ended with 22 pts with Tom coming second with 20 points
3rd was Joe McMahon on 19 pts with a weight of 298.8
4th Emma Drysdale also on 19 pts but with a lesser weight of 245.4.
Dates for next year are 15/5
23/7
20/8
3/9
Again all 4 matches at Chilton trinity, woodland lake.
Big thanks to Steve Evans for doing the results , a massive help as always.


No comments:

Post a Comment