Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

Not a bad turnout considering the hottest day of the year being forecast, so 18 of got in the draw queue, I was about 3rd in and pulled out peg 31, I fancied it as the far bank had been cleared so I could fish across with no grass issues, I did go round and pull a few more roots and grass out but it did look better.
After the last match where Steve Shaw gave me a right battering on maggot over groundbait down his edge last match, I didn't make the same mistake today as I had some groundbait and maggots today, so I set up a rig for down my margin, a slapper rig just in case and a pellet rig for over to the far bank and another pellet rig for down to empty peg 30, I fed it but never used it, so nothing more about that the.
For company I had Lee peanut on bridge peg 33 and the other side on 27 was ed wynne who was only fishing for silver's, so that was good for me then.
At the start I began on the far bank swim, and caught straight away on 8mm pellet over loose Fed 6,s, so that was good then, as us normal with this style of fishing you do have to endure the odd fouler, but I was getting more in the mouth though, Lee was struggling and gabe the other side of the bridge was not having it to good with lots of lost fish. I new my match was going to well as all of a sudden it went pear shaped, my own fault as it was poor tackle maintenance on my part , after three lost rigs down to elastic breakage, I was back in the van trying to 're elasticate a topkit, but I did so was back in the game, from what I could here and see Steve Shaw round on 38 was catching well, as was Glen Bailey on peg 1. I went back across , but kept about a foot off the bank to avoid the snags, and did catch some fish that were a slightly better stamp, so all good then, I had been potting groundbait down each side margin, and about 2 hours from the end I began to see some movement in my right hand margin, but nothing to my left, so the last two hours were spent fishing 3 or 4 maggots on a 16 , over the groundbait while feeding maggot over the top, my peg got stronger towards the end and by the end I couldn't get in quick enough, it was a nice margin with about 20 inches of water tight to the grass.
Lee next door was also catching down his edge  , but I had built up a good early lead over him so he wasn't a threat, gabe was catching well as was Steve Shaw, I saw something I never expected today, Lee next door was finding it hard to catch, so he fished the method on the pole hoping that the fish would start to catch him, it worked for a few but it was to slow, he also fished it behind a snag which I told him about after the match, and I bit off his feeder after the match and accidentally threw it into the lake , ooops.
I ended up with 42 carp so hopefully that would be enough, when the scales got to me Steve Shaw was winning with 157.4. I wasn't sure I had that , but my fish went 173.10 for first on the day, pushing Steve into 2nd.
3rd was Glen Bailey on peg 1 with 137.13
4th gabe skarba on 34 with 134.8
5th Lee peanut on 33 with 127.5, (chip shop sausage LOL)
6th Mike Chapman on 15 with 127.3
Silver's went to Mike Chapman also with 21.8 of mainly skimmers on caster.down the middle.
It was good to see Charlie Barnes turn up for a watch, he was bought along by John barker, but I think it was a bit to hot for him today, as he had to leave a bit early, hope you are ok Charlie if you read this 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment