Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 July 2016

Thursday costcutter viaduct fishery

After a nice breakfast at the junction with bela(trev) bakos and Glen two pots Bailey it was off to the fishery to find there was going to be 25 of us split between lodge and match lake, good to see Mike (ginger) hall in attendance, our paths havnt crossed for quite a while so it was good to catch up and the banter was as good as ever.
Into the draw and out comes 59 on lodge lake, not my favourite swim as it hasn't been to good here for quite a while to be honest, but it is always a bit of a banker as far the margin goes , especially late in the match.
Rigs today consisted of two pellet rigs for 14 mtrs one deep and one shallow, a couple of meat rigs , one for the sexy looking margin to my left and another for 6 mtrs, and a wag rod for 25 mtrs, on the deck to begin with.
On the all in I fed all lines but began on the deck with 8mm hard pellet over loose Fed 6,s, it all started so well, with 2 carp in the bag after 15 minutes I was beginning to think the peg may be ok for a days action, but apart from a small shallow carp a couple of hours in, and a few skimmers, that was all I could muster from that line. I did get one on the shallow was of about 13lb, but it was fairly hooked right in the base of the tail, so no chance there of getting bitten off then 😁. I lost a couple of fish on the shallow wag, one fouled again and another when my main line snapped by the locking shot, doh.
As expected I had a bit of a flourish in the margin and ended the match with 11 carp plus my few silver's for about 100lb, as far as I could see only isle of Wight immigrant Lee Davison on 73 had more , and he did , weighing in 126.2 for first on the day, so well done to him on his first visit to the fishery, since sneaking in from the island,
2nd was me with 102.14
3rd Glen 2 pots Bailey on 44 with 101.2
4th Jamie Bowden on 55 with 89.7
5th Paul bowler on 60 with 79.5
6th Beal bakos on 64 with 76lb
Silvers
Rob eagle on 70 with 30.14 of skimmers

No comments:

Post a Comment