Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 July 2016

Thursday costcutter, shiplate farm

Went into Weston today for breakfast at the copper kettle cafe, run by Wendy who used to run lillypool cafe at shipham, and I must say it was good to see she has lost none of her cooking skills as the food was as good as ever, and her cafe is spotless and looking good, so with Landsend cafe and the copper kettle, I don't see the need to go any where else, which one will depend on where I am going as the both are superb,
Back to the fishery and with 16 fishing today it goes to show the venue is becoming more popular, I got early into the draw bag and opened up peg 7, I won off peg 6 last visit so I fancied it for a few , I had an island Chuck so the pellet wag would get an airing today.
Also I had another really sexy looking margin down to my left under some branches with a Bush at the end, so I set up a pellet rig for down there .
Also I set up an up and down pellet rig for 14 mtrs in front, on the all in I fed in front, down the edge and out on the island, I started on the wag and fully believed to catch on it but after 35 mins and not a bite I was reaching for the shallow rig, but apart from a couple of roach twitches on that in the next 30 mins, that was a waste, so out on the deep rig, it took me a about 30 mins more to get my first carp, plus a couple of skimmers, about halfway through I went down the edge  and had two carp straight away, Jim Thomas was watching me and said the chances were that I would probably empty it . But no it went quiet, so out on the wag and I actually had a bite, but missed it, a couple of chuckles later.and I had one , then about 15 mins later another one graced the net, but I was on my third float by now as my waggler attachments seem to have perished and the floats kept coming off, so I binned the rod, out on the long pole shallow and one ripped the elastic out when I was looking down the lake watching Dom Sullivan netting another over on 14b. Also Stan b on 13 was catching on the lead, also "our" Mark Thomas on peg 1 was catching, firstly on a method feeder fished 10 foot down his margin then later on the wag, but that was a bit further out.
The latter bit of the match I spent down under the tree's getting odd fish but they were on the small side, so I was never going to be threat today, and it was to little to late, oh well there is always sunday, results sheet below , with Dom Sullivan first , Stan b second and our Mark third with me fourth.
After the match Dom Sullivan gave us a swimming demonstration as he lost a top 4 the week before and the last place it was seen was out in front of peg 6 so fairplay to him he got in for a feel about .
Notice the solar panel for a sex machine, I can remember Dom when he had hair and it wasn't grey lol. But good for him as he found it tethered to a tree on the island, but the fish had gone , at least it was  a good bit of post match entertainment.
Still got a couple of spaces for this Sunday at Avalon so ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in.

No comments:

Post a Comment