Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 July 2016

Float only league rnd 4 avalon

After stopping off at Landsend fishery for breakfast, it was off across the moor to estuary and Avalon , I had a couple short today so only 39 fishing, Its always a problem when people don't show, I try and make sure the daily payouts stay the same, I adjust the end of league payments , but it normally only makes a difference of a fiver here and there, not to drastic.
Trig drew for me today and handed me peg 11, a nice swim on the second island, just on the gap, for company I had Steve Tucker on 10 and Nick ewers on peg 12.
I set up a shallow wag as it can be a good swim for that, although the fish seem to be wiseing up to this method on most water's now. For the pole I set a margin rig for meat but at over 4 feet deep I didn't fancy it , and so it proved as I only had one roach off it , so no more on that waste of time then.
I set two pellet rigs to fish at 16 mtrs, one shallow and another one deep, the last rig was a double bulk one to fish worm over groundbait at 13 mtrs, all ready with just a few minutes to go.
To begin with I cupped in 6 balls of groundbait in at 13 mtrs with some caster and chopped worm in, fed some pellet to the island , then began shallow at 16 mtrs, although there had been a few fish about , it didn't start to well, in fact it was very tough, at the end of the first hour, I had had one carp and lost one which I was convinced it was foulhooked. The only person that seemed to be catching with any regulatory was Paul elmes on peg 9, fishing his much loved paste , also bela bakos on 14 was sneaking a few out, also on the paste, as the match progressed it never really got any better , I did get some more skimmers over the groundbait, and a couple of bigger.carp also took a liking to the worm bait, by the end I had 9 carp and double figures of silver's for 55lb plus, I hoped Paul elmes had won the match, meaning I was hoping for the section money by default, I will take it any way !!!!
Luckily Paul elmes had won with 115.7. Catching on the long pole and down his right hand margin, mainly on paste
2nd was Glen Bailey on peg 36 with 82.5, again on paste
3nd was fishery owner Vic Bush on end peg 23 with 17 carp for 81.13
4th Beal bakos on 14 with 72.10
5th Tom.mangnal on peg 24 with 72.6
6th was me with 64.10
Silver's
Paul faiers with 26.8 of mainly.whitebait
In the main it fished quite fairly, but considering how many were on it it was ok.
Off to Chilton trinity for round three or the short pole series next Sunday, I will have a couple of spaces I should think for that one, so ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in.

No comments:

Post a Comment