Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

A good turn out today with 22 waiting for the draw, Mike Chapman soon had it sorted , ably assisted by his right hand man Ray bazeley, most people would get an empty peg at least one side, so plenty of room then. I was early into the ping pong bag and wasn't disappointed to pull out ball 3, Alan Smith won the Sunday open here with 124lb and des shipp was 5th off it on Saturday, so there were a few fish to be had, I know Alan fished paste down the edge , but that's not for me, and as for des he would probably have had several lines on the go with a few different bait options, none of that's for me today, all hard pellets, 6,s to feed and an 8mm in the band, rigs today were  a .10 for against the far bank in 12 inches of water  , a deep pellet rig for down the middle and a slapping rig just in case, and a rig to fish down by pallet 4, for company I had the miniscule Welsh Aussie stu Barnett on one and the Frampton legend Keith Turner on 5, behind me was John "the boy in striped pyjamas" Thompson on 40, this picture was taken shortly before he fell in head first trying to clear out his margin, I still can't believe I had gone for a wander and missed it.
And he refused to give an action replay !!!!!!
The whiawwstle went , a bit late as is normal with Mike , and I began down the middle on the deep rig, and missed a couple of what I can only presume we're liners, so I tried the shallow rig and caught a 4lb fish straightaway, but that was my only bite and fish from that line, I was already 5 fish behind Stuart, so I went across to the island on the shallow rig, and apart from a non event try down the edge I spent the majority of the match across to the far side, I went across before the start and cleared two spots on the far side just left and right of my peg, strangely though the right hand spot hardly gave me a fish, most of the action coming from the left hand area with some nice fish up to 6lb.
It turned into an enjoyable match catching steadily right to the end, it appeared the island was the place to be as Stuart was catching as was Keith, while the rest of the lake appeared to be difficult, I ended up with 39 carp to Stuart's 25 and although Keith had had some bigger fish I new he had a lesser weight ,
Stuart was first to weigh on peg 1 and had 95.12.
I plonked 138.4 to be first on the day
3rd was Keith on peg 5 with  73.8
4th Mike laird on 6 with 53.9
5th Glen Bailey on 25 with 51.10
6th kev Perry on 22 with 51.2
And I won a quid off the midget at the next peg.
I'm still trying to get a few names for Wednesday at Landsend, if I don't get. A few more its going to be a non starter, I will decide tomorrow morning and advise those who have booked.

No comments:

Post a Comment